Problem sending mails to Campaings - Too many bounced mails

Hello all

This post is to explain the issue we are having, and also to see if with our explanation someone detects that we are doing something wrong. We are creating a new email campaing to send a newsletter template to 500 contacts with right email address. From these 500 emails, using the campaing wizard, we get to send the mail, but only 40 from these 500 get the mail in their inbox folder, the other gets in our “Bouced Messages” list in the campaign.

We have checked 10 of these 450 mail address and they are right,as if then we send invididual mails they are sent correctly (and received).
How can we check the error cause for these 450 mails to be bounced?.. are we doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Getting newsletter messages in the inbox of recipients is a hard thing!

A few questions:

1. Is SuiteCRM using the same smtp server / credentials of the email address of the sender?
    This is a crucial aspect. If the user is different or the server is not the same as the email domain it is most likely that it will fail the delivery.
    In case you may add an SPF line to instruct receiving servers that the specific server you are using is allowed to send messages on behalf of the sender.
    This solution only reduces the impact but doesn’t eliminate it.

2. Have you added an SPF line with correct server information?

3. Have you added DKIM information correctly?

4. Are you using an external email server?

5. Does your smtp server provider allow to send volumes of emails?

6. How many emails are you sending per hour or other relevant period

Many of these questions are related to the correct settings of your email server environment. Only two are related to SuiteCRM: number of messages sent per given period and smtp server / credentials used.

Hello

Let me reply to your questions here

1. Is SuiteCRM using the same smtp server / credentials of the email address of the sender?

Yes we are using the same account and credentials

2. Have you added an SPF line with correct server information?

I thought this was done by suitecrm automatically. When I open one of the emails sent I see this line and if I click on the link my address gets redirected to the “Exclusion” target list.

3. Have you added DKIM information correctly?
No, never done it in SugarCRM, and dont know how to do it in SuiteCRM. I have google it but did not find how to do it in SuiteCRM

4. Are you using an external email server?
Yes the same I have used before with SugarCRM

5 & 6 .5. Does your smtp server provider allow to send volumes of emails? How many emails are you sending per hour or other relevant period?

Yes it does if you send them few every time. I have configured suitecrm to send 10 mails per batch

Any suggestions. What I get is suitecrm to send the first 40 mails, but from there all mails go to “Bounced List”.

Cheers

About the batches - each time the Scheduler job is called, one batch will be sent. So it’s different if your provider’s limit is 10 per hour and you are sending 10 per minute. So check the exact schedule of your job that sends emails, I think it’s called “send nightly emails” or similar.

Hello, configuration is set so each bach is called every 10 mins. So this means 10 mails every 10 mins, 60 mails per hour. Dont know, but it does not seem too heavy for me.

Regards

That depends on your provider! If they allow only 40 per hour, then that is too much :slight_smile: Try a slower rate, to see if it solves anything. Or ask your SMTP provider about it.

You can also examine your bounced emails to see who bounced them. Were they rejected by your SMTP provider, or by the end recipients (like Gmail, Hotmail, etc)?