Question before choosing a new CRM

Hey everyone !

After 10 year of using Vtiger as CRM, my company want to change it cause its a outdated version.

After some re-search I’ve found this cool CRM, but I have some question cause I will have a lot of customisation / coding to do :

• Can I, with the API display custom field on my wordpress website ? My main goal is to make a dashboard for my user with data from the CRM.
  • Can I add subpannel with custom field in account ? (to fit my company, cause we are not selling anything to our client.)
  • Can I send SMS and e-mail directly from the CRM on the account page ?
  • Can I use an API to auto-complete an new account ?
  • Can I add one or two scanned PDF by account ?

Thanks in advance, and if im not in the good section, tell me ! I’ll delete this post.

Have a good day !

Basically the answers are all Yes

I suggest you try the live demo, this one let’s you play with Studio (to create custom fields):
https://www.softaculous.com/demos/SuiteCRM

You can also install a test system locally to test your migration, etc.

Just a few specific comments:

• Can I send SMS and e-mail directly from the CRM on the account page ?
    Email, yes (click on email address, an email compose window opens.). But SMS you will need some integration. You can search the SuitecRM Store for add-ons. You can also develop that integration if it is simple. There are also services that allow sending SMS from Email.

• Can I add one or two scanned PDF by account ?
    Choose between Notes/Attachments module and Documents module for this, see https://pgorod.github.io/Concepts-Docs-Attach-Notes/

1 Like

Thanks for your quick answer !

Nice blog, I’ve put it in my SuiteCRM folder :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the Hardest part will be with the API, to display on my front-website, or to auto complete new acc.

One last thing : SuiteCRM has the core of Sugar CRM, are they really different ?

Hi
There are many WordPress Plugins for SuiteCRM that might help :slight_smile:

1 Like

About SugarCRM: yes the core is shared, there are many similarities, since this app is huge I’d have to say that most of the code is still the same. But we’ve made more than 100 releases, so there are thousands of improvements. We also added many important modules that SugarCRM didn’t have, or at least that the free version didn’t have.

And they’re on a downward spiral, we’re growing.

Also, our attitude towards the open-source community doesn’t suck. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answers !

Last question :

I will have Client Account and Supplier/provider Account.

Is it possible to have a relationship between those two ?

Example : My Client Account will order thing on my Provider Account, My provider send me a csv/xls file every month with who ordered and how much. I will have to import this every month.

Is this possible ? Cause its the main activities of my business!

For now SuiteCRM is my best option, I will search if other open-source CRM can do the job too!

Thanks again !

This article will probably help

https://pgorod.github.io/Concepts-Accounts-Contacts/

Also, you can add custom relationships, so you can make a new account-to-account relationship. But try to use the existing functionality first, before creating new custom stuff - there are advantages to using what is already there.

From what you’ve said here you possibly want an extra module (possible custom) in between

Account 1 - Provider

Account 2 - Client

(use a “type” field to separate)

Then have a “Custom Module” i.e - “Orders”

Within this module you can have 2 relationships with “Accounts”

1to1 - Client

1to1 - Provider

Then add all the other fields from your csv import to the module

This way you create your accounts, both clients and providers

Now when you need to “import” you import a list of “Orders” that link the 2 Accounts together

(you could use an existing module like Opportunities or Quotes and customise the fields to work or customise)

1 Like

you could use an existing module like Opportunities or Quotes and customise the fields to work or customise

That exactly what I was thinking, cause they are some existing module I will not have any usage.

Anyway, I’ve set the topic Icon to solved !

Thanks to both of you for your time !