The map doesn't load or show up at all

Hi guys,

Was wondering if someone might be able to help me out, or point me in the direction where I can find some instructions to solve this.

The last few days I’ve been trying to incorporate a map where all contacts/accounts/leads/etc can show up. As in, all in the same map.
I have a Google Maps Api key, which I’ve used to make a map show for each individual contact and account. And that works fine. Their location shows up the way it should, in the detail view.

For the map I need, I’ve been trying to get the “Maps” module to work. Because as I’ve understood it, that’s where maps like those are meant to be.
I have a non-live build of SuiteCRM on my localhost, and it actually works fine there. If I use the “Quick Radius Map” tool, it shows the correct map including pins for the contacts or accounts within the radius. And if I create and save a new map, centered around a specific contact, that works fine as well. Everything shows up the way it should.

However, in the live CRM, which our business is currently using, it just doesn’t seem to work. I’ve made sure the settings are exactly the sam. The Google Api key is entered as well. BUT, when using the “Quick Radius Map”, the map won’t load. Instead there’s the usual page which has the adress on top. Then a long blank space where the map should be (but there’s no map) and at the bottom a “IFRAME: URL”, and clicking the URL does lead to a map.
If I click a map that’s been created and saved, it gives the same empty page, but without the link at the bottom.

I really can’t figure out what might be wrong. I guess that for some reason the iframe where the map is meant to be, just won’t load at all. But I have no idea why.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Or have any advice for what I should try to do to fix this?

I’m running version 7.10.4

if you can upgrade to the latest 7.10, please do. This (possible) bug might be fixed already.

Have a look in your logs, you will find some clues there:

suitecrm.log
php_errors.log (or whatever your web server log is called)

Thanks

An update to the latest version unfortunately did not help.
I’ve had a look at the logs. I’m not entirely sure what I am looking for, as I’m not too familiar with debugging through logs, but when comparing the logs between the build where the maps work fine and the one where they don’t, I wasn’t able to find any obvious differences that would give any clues as to why the iframe with the map won’t show up.

Did you check both logs? They are not the same thing.

It helps to keep track of the time at which you’re trying to load the screen, and it fails, so that then in the logs you can go directly to the relevant area.

You can also check errors in your browser, in the Developer console. This is where Javascript errors go.

You mean both the log in the live and the non-live build? If so, yes. But I can’t actually find any differences in them when comparing the times where I tried to load the screens. Or is there another log somewhere else than the one available under system settings?

No, I mean the two logs I listed in my post above.

Here’s some background reading about this:

https://pgorod.github.io/The-two-logs/