welcome email with login not going out

Hi,
The welcome email that has a user’s login info does not go out after registration. SMTP is setup correctly.

Hello!

Please, look in Admin->Password Management if the fields Enable System-Generated Passwords Feature and Enable Forgot Password feature are checked.

@Netlover - have you managed to fix this already? I’m having the same problem. All new installation, SMTP correctly installed, ‘Enable System-Generated Passwords’ and ‘Enable Forgot Password’ both checked.

When you say “SMTP” configured correctly, exactly in which screen do you configure it? There are many places where SMTP is configured…

Email is configured and test emails are received.

After I went back to Email Settings yesterday to send another test email I noticed security was on TLS instead of SSH. Set that back to SSH, sent another test email that arrived - and suddenly the pasword reset request email that my user had requested, also arrived. The original email with the temp password never arrived but at least my user now has a functioning account.

Read somewhere else that there should be a ‘reset password’ button in the user admin screen; couldn’t find that either.
Luckily it’s just two people using the CRM for now, but I hope to solve this as we hope to grow to more users :slight_smile: