Printing from list views

I’m trying to print out a list of say Opportunities from SuiteCRM 7.10.

I’m not super worried about having everything formatted for print - I really just want a print of the page as I see it.

However, in both Firefox and Chrome I get pages and pages that look nothing like what I’m seeing on screen.

e.g. most of the items on the list (3 per row) have code a bit like this :

Project 1 becomes

Project 1 (?action=ajaxui#ajaxUILoc=index.php%3Fmodule%3DOpportunities%26offset%3D1%26stamp%3D1526550061005088000%26return_module%3DOpportunities%26action%3DDetailView%26record%3D5c4ad518-9b65-8d3c-e1dc-5a686361af9b)

Does anyone know why this might be happening? There don’t seem to be any settings in the print dialog boxes that can rectify this easily.

You’re right, printing from List views looks terrible, unusable.

You need to look at alternatives, like exporting and then printing from a spreadsheet, or printing from a report.

Thanks. Is there a reason why this is though? is it a CSS issue or something? It’s fairly rare nowadays that I get this level of discrepancy between what is on screen and what is on the paper when I try to print.

Will try the CSV export option.

Is there a reason? Yes, but I don’t know what it is.

I guess something about the framework we use, or the way our links are built, is getting terrible handling from browsers. Somebody would have to look into this, but it won’t be me :slight_smile: