Trying to get quote pdf templates to work

Hi,

I am trying to make a simple (?) quote templete but can’t seem to make it work
As posted here the pdf template system can not handle multiple times the same field… I have reported a bug but until it get answered I am trying to find a workarouind for this but can’t get it to work.

What am I trying to do: We are selling software and hardware and (mainly) for the hardware we need to display the specs on the quote. I created a custom field that works OK for this.

What layout I am trying to use: We are using the group quote template as a base

What the layout should like like:

The problem is that the pdf template won’t display “Product name2 and product specs” but displays the raw field code eg $aos_products_specs_c

If I put $aos_products_specs_c inside the table it works OK.

What am I doing wrong?

I don’t remember if I already recommended this to you on another thread or not…

But have you tried customizing the code to get full control, once and for all, of how things get substituted?

https://stackoverflow.com/a/28793261/1189711

Try to make your changes upgrade-safe, and if you can’t, make sure you save a copy of your changes so you can re-apply them after upgrades.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I didn’t quite get it though. I am not trying to use any contisions in this template.
I just don’t understand why if I put the field under the name (once) it works and if I put it anywhere else in the template it does not work

Kind Regards

It’s just the place where you can try and find out…

I don’t have time to go in-depth into every issue, and neither does the developer team. That’s why I try to stimulate the Community to look for bugs and propose fixes themselves. But I understand not everybody is a developer, and many smaller companies don’t have any developers working for them, so it’s not always possible…

I understand that but even the bugs (I report) are not fixed :frowning:
I wouldn;t even mention it if was not a basic feature.
Maybe I am doing something wrong. But it seems very strange and not logical at all that if I put a variable in one position it works and if I put it in an other place it works.