How to migrate my new database to new fresh install

I have not found the solution to this problem:

Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] entire log window on the forums

So I i have decided to move my database to a new one but I dont know how since my php admin does not run to back it up.

Make sure your new system is the exact same SuiteCRM version as the old one (you can upgrade after you migrate successfully, but keep the two things separate).

You can export your database directly from the command-line with mysqldump

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3031412/how-to-export-a-mysql-database-using-command-prompt

Then start a new system, install a clean SuiteCRM, then import that dump (also from the command-line with mysql)

1 Like

I tried it and I still get errors importing. I have like 5000 people registered and I get 44 and the new database gets corrupted. I am so frustrated and I cant find the solution. An old employee made this database but he never experienced any errors. This happened right after the light went off. He just modified it. Now I dont see how to get all the info transferred.

Thank you

Have you considered hiring someone more technical to do the migration for you?

Anyway, you could at least post the errors you’re getting so I can have a look and maybe suggest something. Also, tell me exactly how you’ve exported, and how you’re importing.

I dont know anybody who has used this database or Xampp or suite CRM. I am a computer engineer and i Never saw this kind of problem.

Thank you

This is how I tried to do it but it gives me an error with the password even though I know all the credentials.
For Export:
mysqldump -u [user] -p [db_name] | gzip > [filename_to_compress.sql.gz]
For Import:
gunzip < [compressed_filename.sql.gz] | mysql -u [user] -p[password] [databasename]

But before I had this problem or 3 days prior, I used phpMyAdmin to back up or import my database.
Some one suggested to install a fresh one on another computer so I did it and it did import but 44 people registered of the 5000 and it got corrupted.
I wish I could take a tutorial or some one to login into my computer just want to know how much it would cost me.
thank you

Found the solution here : /stackoverflow.com/questions.

Great, do you want to post something explaining? That might help future forum visitors.