opt in fields not available

Using version 7.10.1. Following the instructions at https://docs.suitecrm.com/user/modules/confirmed-opt-in-settings/ , I have set opt in setting to confirmed opt in. However, I see no fields available for leads or contacts that correspond to the opt in status and there has been no change to any of the related forms. I see the columns confirm_opt_in , confirm_opt_in_date , confirm_opt_in_sent_date , confirm_opt_in_fail_date , and opt_out in the table email_addresses.

So is something very wrong or have I completely misunderstood how these fields should be used?

Pay attention to the little check marks next to the email addresses. They are explained in the documentation.

The documentation does not answer my question. I can find a field for opted-in for the email object, but I cannot field a field for opted-out. Furthermore, I see no way to manually set confirmed opt-in - is this possible ONLY via a lead responding to an email? Further, the distinction between grey and green check marks in the lead lists is far too subtle for my poor eyes to see.

I am only learning this new feature myself :slight_smile:

I think that if you choose “confirmed opt-in”, you’re not supposed to change things yourself, only the user does that via his email responses. Maybe you want to choose simple “opt-in” instead.

The issue with the colours of the ticks is the sort of feedback that is needed right now, thanks, I’l try to get it actioned.

Finally, yo can find the “opt-out” in a Contact’s edit view, near the email address. Note that this was an existing feature in SuiteCRM, it didn’t come with these new changes.

I would suggest using a different symbol, rather than a different color. Given that many people are color blind, that most screens are calibrated somewhat differently and that screens are often viewed in exaggerated lighting conditions, color is a very difficult attribute to get right for the overwhelming number of users.

Also, I note that the ‘X’ symbol is also used (in addition to the checkmark), so the principle of using other symbols is already established. By the way, the documentation page does not refer to the use of that ‘X’.

Regarding the functionality, I would think that any application should have a manual backup possibility for the cases where the automation fails (and it will fail, for a thousand different reasons).

1 Like