How to change my password

I recently had issues with the improved P theme, and I removed it as per a suggetsion from anothe rfuser.

I then proceeded with a test to change th epassword for a user.

It worked! Yeah!

But, then I tried changing it to a new, permanent password, and it did not work.

I tried copy and pasting the password. I tried typing it directly in case a space snuck into the copied text. Still will not save to new password.

Is there a time limit between changing passwords? Like, you can not change it before 30 minutes have elapsed? 24 hours?

I try using the user name and the text password. It works fine.

I then proceeded to create a new user. I can add the user and password. But, when I try logging in, it fails too.

Since removing the buggy theme, this was supposed to put things back to normal.

I tried one last thing, and that was to reset my password. I pressed the lost password button. I enter my username and email. It gives me: System is unable to process your request, please contact the system administrator.

thanks for any feedback.

Joseph

What version are you using?
What version of Thema SuiteP Improved?

Somehow your problem may be related to this #58743

Not sure if it helps.

Hello,

I have v.7.9.7

I use theme Suite P.

I erased suite P improved as another user suggested this to me previously due to bugs in the improved theme.

Joseph

try this:

In modules/Users/Authenticate.php around line 54

$password = isset($_REQUEST['username_password'])
	? $_REQUEST['username_password'] : '';
if ($password=='') 
{
	$password = isset($_REQUEST['user_password'])
	? $_REQUEST['user_password'] : '';
}
1 Like

Thanks for this idea.

I did see it in the link that was previously provided, but I was not sure how to use it.

You mention use a certain file and line 54.

Is this to replace lines already there, or to add new ones?

Thanks

Joseph

Can replace.
If you repair it will see that the start of the codes are the same, changes only from the “if”

Hello,

So, once i make the change, I go back in to admin, and go through and repair things?

Thanks

Joseph

I want to say that this fix solved my password issues!!

Thanks

The only question that I would have is with future upgrades, will the fill be overwritten?

Thanks!

Joseph