workflow with notifications

Hi to all, there is a way to create a workflow that, at the save of an account instead of send an email send a notification to a target user? or there is some custom code to make it?

thank to all

How exactly do you get the email address for the notification? Is it a Target, linked to an account? Which one, the first? There can be many.

I don’t think you’ll be able to do it with a workflow. With an after_save logic_hook in PHP, sure.

1 Like

Do you have a working example to do that? i read the documentation, but i don’t get how works in all the function.

Thanks

To do what? You didn’t answer my questions above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, i tought i was answering another tiket. So, actually i don’t want the workflow send an email. now i explain:
Actually my client has a lot of commercial, and they put a lot of leads on the site, but there is a commercial group manager that need to know when a lead is deploied on the site. I can’t use the standard email notification workflob because i think the mail will be full after fiew days, but if i could i want to create the notification in the crm when new leads comes in. so i have a commercial manager role, that i give to an user, and that user need notification(not mails) when a new leads is inserted in the crm. I get i have to use hooks, but i don’t get how.

Have you considered working with a simple search?

The manager can have a dashlet on his home page, or a saved search on his Leads List view, to show only Leads with Status “New”, or to show leads sorted in order of creation, from newest to oldest.

If he gets a lot of Leads I don’t think he needs any notifications, because it’s not an unusual event. Maybe he just needs a “work list”, something that he can go through every day from top to bottom until everything is taken care of.

1 Like

Good point, i think i will talk to him and see if he could like this(i wish)

thanks