Unable to select Outbound Email Server for users

I’ve spun up Ubuntu 16, MariaDB, PHP7, and SuiteCRM 7.9.7 with no real issues.

I am new to SuiteCRM. I want to implement Suite which will have 100 users, who are sales people. I need all users to use separate email accounts. These accounts are company owned and I manage them from Exchange Server Online.

They must send Authenticated email using smtp.office365.com or smtp.outlook.com and their email/password.

I configured Admin>Email Settings and sent a test email. Everything works great.

Now I need to set SMTP and credentials and assign them to each user individually.

Two things I am having trouble with:
1)
How exactly do you do this. It feels like it should be in user settings under Outbount SMTP Servers, but I actually select any of them.

When I go to Admin>User Management>Edit User>Settings>Mail Accounts>Outbound SMTP Servers
Click Add
Enter values, click Done
I get no errors, but the list of SMTP Servers does not populate. The only one there is the System. If I look at the database table Outbound_Email the record is created. The only way I can see them populate on that page is if I am EDITING the original account created during installation. Every other user I create, even admin users cannot see any Outbound SMTP Server on that page.

I can also see them under Admin>Outbound Email Settings
But not Admin>User Management>Edit User>Settings>Mail Accounts>Outbound SMTP Servers
Unless, like I said, I’m editing the settings of the original account created during SuiteCRM install.

As a side note. I spun up an instance of SuiteCRM on Godaddy using their installitron app aside from this instance. And I do not experience this problem on that instance. I also have a demo instance from a development company who I am considering helping me, and I do not have this problem on their instance either. Although, I do have problem 1) on all instances. I can’t figure out how to set individual SMTP Credentials.

Hello,

I have the same problem in my suitecrm. I added the smtp settings in the tab -> Admin -> Mail -> outgoing mail

When I enter user management, I do not see any other outgoing mail server settings than “system”

How do I enter the user management that arose when installing the system - I see everything correctly

The configuration:
Debian 9 x64
Apache
PHP 7.1
Suite CRM 7.10.10

greetings :slight_smile:

Hi,

i install suite cam from this script: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/debian-suitecrm-installation/#install-suitecrm

and i have the same problem … wtf?

Got a similar problem here with a 7.10.10 and even with previous 7.10.x versions.
I configured some outgoing mailservers, but when sending emails everyone will only be able to use the system mailserver, if it’s allowed.
When I disable the option for users to use the system outgoing mail account, there will be no from adress available and no user is able to send emails.

This seems to be a bug as described here: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/5774

But as far as I see, there is no fix until today

It seems to work in 7.10.10, but not in a way I would ever thought of.

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/20055-outbound-email-unable-to-set-up-properly#74208