Unable to send emails - 7.9.1

I am unable to send emails since I upgraded to 7.9. This is true even for 7.9.1.

All emails are configured correctly and I am able to send test email from Mail Server setup page.

When I try to send email, the following message is shown - “Error Sending Email. Please contact your administrator for assistance.”

Anyone else encountered this error and can help to resolve please… Thanks a lot.

See this: https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/14634-why-is-email-from-dropdown-not-working

It is a major bug.

thanks for your reply dev.

My problem is slightly different as I have Drop Down “from” filled up but still it is not sending emails out.

I had many problems. Here are some steps I went through to get my email working:

1. Make sure in your PERSONAL email settings you have both an inbound and outbound account set up.
  2. Follow the installation instructions for Admin/repair/ email accounts
  3. repair and rebuild/ rebuild js files
  4. Clear you browser cache
  5. activate/deactivate mail accounts

Finally, everything mostly works.

@pstevens

I tried but still having same error message.

Not sure if I followed your step 2 correctly “Follow the installation instructions for Admin/repair/ email accounts” - can you please give more details on what should be done here.

thanks.

Follow the installation guide:

https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Release_notes_7.9.0_User_Guide

I have also established that it is somehow a database issue as I have fixed it to working again.

When checking the MAMP database I saw that there were other email outbound and inbound settings that I had not put there and it appears that SuiteCRM was using them. These other settings must have been somehow entered after I installed it earlier today, perhaps some code or whatever that is not doing what it is supposed to. I deleted them and reentered the same as I did before and now it sends emails again.

The question I have is why is this happening? Could anyone involved with development please forward this on, if it is helpful.