SuiteCRM versión 7.2.1 Documentation

Hello,

I wanted to make a custom statistics module for my project based on SuiteCRM version 7.2.1, with some types of generated reports and filters to generate them in particular.

Can someone tell me where I can get official documentation for this version of SuiteCRM ?.

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Gema

The Documentation is not split by version like that. There is only one Documentation for all versions, and then the text mentions the differences when they are relevant.

If I may give you an advice (without you asking for it) if you’re using 7.2.1 the only project you should be working on is the upgrade to something newer (with an upgrade to PHP 7.0 included). There are thousands of security fixes, bug fixes and new features that came out since your version. You are running a very insecure system, and it’s harder to get support for your version (I have no way to test on 7.2.1).

I just took the time to go and count: you are 3 years and 102 releases behind the latest!

I hope this helps you put the issue in perspective :slight_smile:

Hello, I have installed the latest available version of CRM Suite, SuiteCRM-7.10.3, and I think that regarding the project that is in version 7.2.1 there is a lot of change and it will not be viable …

Or I do not know if I’m wrong, hopefully !. Version 7.10.3 has creation of orders, with orders to supplier, orders to carriers, etc ?, because if not, this is the center of our business, and as I say it is not an update simply, rather I would see it as start from 0, and when it was done they would have already taken out other n versions :(.

Depending on how well your customizations were designed, they could be upgrade-safe, which means, you might be able to keep them when upgrading.

So to fix your company for good, you need:

• bring your software up to date, it’s the only way to be secure

• make the cost of future upgrades disappear, make sure your customizations don’t stop you from future upgrades. This is how things are supposed to be when done correctly.

If you have a budget you should ask for a quote from people who know what they’re doing with SuiteCRM (like for example SalesAgility).

Where could I find documentation or what would be the steps to perform an update, not a new installation? as I think I understand …

Thank you

Just go into Admin / Upgrade Wizard and upload one of the upgrade packs. You will have to do it by several steps, there is no way to upgrade all the 102 releases in one move.

See this
https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/14589-how-to-upgrade-from-7-2-2-to-7-9

But I would advise that you first create a clone of your production installation, try the upgrades on the clone, and check everything works well. You will probably have to overcome some problems. When you are sure it works well and you know what to expect, then do it on production.

I have managed to update to version 7.4.3, adjusting permissions and others … but now I am realizing that the accounts have stopped working:

Leave blank window with “undefined” and in the log: [Fri Apr 06 20: 47: 06.585007 2018] [: error] [pid 11461] [client :: 1: 37672] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘utilsJW’ not found in /var/www/sfcc/custom/modules/Accounts/Ext/Menus/menu.ext.php on line 12, referer: http: //localhost/sfcc/index.php? action = ajaxui

The content of “menu.ext.php” is as follows:

if (isset ($ GLOBALS ['app'] -> controller-> bean)) {
     utilsJW :: getReportMenu ('Accounts', $ module_menu, $ GLOBALS ['app'] -> controller-> bean-> id);
} else {
     utilsJW :: getReportMenu ('Accounts', $ module_menu);
}

The “utilsJW” file exists and I guess it is customized for this project. It is specifically in the / include folder. But the issue, is that it has been with this version, the previous 7.3.2, did not give this error.

I moved this post to the original thread.

Did you try a Quick Repair and Rebuild?

It’s not going to be easy to remotely solve problems in your customized version without knowing anything about these customizations. Can’t you get your developers to look at that?

Yes, I have already done the Quick Repair and Rebuild several times but still giving that error.

The developer is me on code that already existed :frowning: I have continued, dragging “only” that error until I get to version 7.6.6 Now when trying to upload the following package "SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.6.x-to-7.8. 4.zip “I get this error:” ERROR: There was an error during your upload, please contact an administrator for help.

• Size of Upload (9746506 bytes) Exceeded Allowed Maximum: 8388608 bytes. "What should I do?

Ok, at least that one is easy: you just have to go in your php.ini and increase max_upload_size (I suggest 15MB) and restart your web server.

While you are there, check if memory_limit has a generous value (at least 256M, better 512M).

What is your PHP version? As you advance in SuiteCRM version, you need to keep it in the requirements:

https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/compatibility-matrix/

The version of PHP that we have installed is 5.6. At the moment, we can not update to the latest PHP 7.0.

Hi,
SuiteCRM Latest version works fine with PHP 7. Please contact your hosting provider to Upgrade the PHP version for you.
If this is not possible, please remove the Cache folder and then Repair and Rebuild the system.
You must always keep track of your CRM customization.

Thanks

Sohaib Majeed
SuiteCRM Developer
Upwork

Independent of the PHP version I am trying to upgrade SuiteCRM from version 7.2.1 to version 7.8, at least.

To see what the customizations about the original 7.2.1 version of the project that I have can fail, I am doing it step by step again on another server.

In the first step, from 7.2.1 to 7.3.2, I just updated according to the package: SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.2.x-to-7.3.2, and at the end of the update a blank screen appears. Regardless of this, I do according to the instructions of the link: https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/14589-how-to-upgrade-from-7-2-2-to-7-9 , also the quick repair of the project and testing everything, works well.

Then, I try from Admin-> Update Wizard, the second step, update the version from 7.3.2 to 7.4.3 but the screen is blank, and can not perform this update :(.

You PHP version is fine as long as it is > 5.5.9

Of course PHP 7.x is better, but it’s not mandatory. Just upgrade when you see it’s possible for you.

Blank pages normally come with helpful clues in php_errors.log or upgradeWizard.log, have you checked those?

Another Solution::::

I suggest you another things.
Can you please setup fresh copy of Suitecrm version 7.8 and move all your customization there step by step…
This will be more better.
Thanks

Yes, when I get to the 7.8 or 7.10 without errors in the customizations, is when I will try to update also the PHP version to the 7.

The problem of the blank page is something that I had already observed when trying to run Studio or deploying a new module from the Admin panel … and that “something” includes a “rare” line in the file: custom/modules/Prospects/Ext/Layoutdefs/layoutdefs.ext.php, and that’s what makes the page go blank. I will see a new thread specifically for it.

Thanks, that option I have discarded since I have not made the customizations, nor do I know exactly what they are, in the current SuiteCRM. I’m in step 1 to 1, for now I’ve managed to update from 7.2.1 to 7.3.4 without failures, and now I’m fixing the first bug that comes up in a customization update from 7.3.4 to 7.4.3.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

Thanks, that option I have discarded since I have not made the customizations, nor do I know exactly what they are, in the current SuiteCRM. I’m in step 1 to 1, for now I’ve managed to update from 7.2.1 to 7.3.4 without failures, and now I’m fixing the first bug that comes up in a customization update from 7.3.4 to 7.4.3.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

You are most welcome.
if there is no customization then you must install a fresh copy of 7.8 or 7.10. You can connect the same database at back-end. Just a quick repair will be required. Installation setup will not be required.

Thanks