SuiteCRM 7.10.1 custom them not working

Hi guys,

After hours of doing everything I can possibly think of I’m here hoping someone can help. We have recently upgraded to 7.10 and its destroyed our custom theme, now when i rebuilt it on a localhost it works flawlessly but as soon as i put it into production it falls apart.

This seems so strange as I can’t replicate the issue on my local machine. If anyone could help shed some light on this or even if you’re in the same boat any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

What did you upgrade it from?

What is your custom theme based on? SuiteP? From which SuiteCRM version?

What are you calling a custom theme? Is it really something in “custom/themes”? Or does it include other customizations to views, actions, etc?

Basically SuiteCRM 7.9 only allows SuiteP, nothing based on SuiteR or Suite7 will work there. And 7.10 has the new concept of sub-themes, so your customizations might need some adaptation before working there.

You might need to tweak your config.php when moving to production: namely the parameters site_url and host_name

We upgraded from 7.9 and our theme is basically a visual extension of the SuiteP theme.

Our dev team has been heavily customising views and what not to tailor the product to our business needs so i’d say it does fall into that customization area. I have tried making a ‘sub-theme’ but we have the same results. I might keep plugging away at the issue until i figure it out thankyou for your fast reply

This article might help you -

https://pgorod.github.io/Customize-SubTheme/

Some of it is a bit outdated, namely the final list of variables. I wrote it very fast right after the initial beta came out.

But the method will work, and at least you can learn how to compile the style from SASS, if you don’t know yet.

Of course, it would be better to do all those changes under “custom” so that they are upgrade-safe. If you do it, please come back here and tell me how it went. This is new territory for me too, but I would like to be able to provide a nice tutorial on how to create a customized version of a sub-theme. Thanks