Edit Quick Create Menu

OK. I’ve followed everything I could find to edit the quick create menu at the top of each page. I followed this thread:

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/11240-customize-quick-create-dropdown-menu-in-suitep

To no avail. I’m using SuiteCRM 7.10 and need to change the module name of accounts to classes for our use case. I made the change in modules but the quick create menu appears to be pulling the original module name not just the display name. Is there anyway to override this?

Thanks.

Charles

It should work.

Where exactly did you create your custom file, and how did you name it?

Finally, please paste here the section of the file that you changed.

Also try a Quick Repair and Rebuild and a few browser refreshes to make sure the changes take effect.

I changed the name of the Accounts module via admin: rename modules. I changed the name to: Classes. The change is reflected everywhere via the user interface except the quick create menu. Still lists Create Account. Not Create Classes. I’ve tried to edit the _globalLinks.tpl as well as the _headerModuleList.tpl files. The issue is that I don’t, necessarily, want to add an item. I want to change the name of an item to match the balance of the interface. When I change the name of the Accounts module as above is seems to just change the display name. Should I export the Accounts module, edit it and change the name there to Classes, and import back in? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Charles

Copy this file

themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl

into this

custom/themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl

And now edit the new file, in this part, around line 669

<div class="desktop-bar">
            <ul id="toolbar" class="toolbar">
                <li id="quickcreatetop" class="create dropdown nav navbar-nav quickcreatetop">
                    <a class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-expanded="false">
                        {$APP.LBL_CREATE_BUTTON_LABEL}
                    </a>
                    <ul class="dropdown-menu" role="menu">
                        <li>
                            <a href="index.php?module=Accounts&action=EditView&return_module=Accounts&return_action=DetailView">Classes</a>
</li>

I just changed {$APP.LBL_QUICK_ACCOUNT} to “Classes”. It would be nicer to add a proper label, I am simplifying.

That is for “desktop”, you will find similar lines for “mobile” and “tablet”, you can change also those.

2 Likes

can you have a crm development for sales department, is it possible?

yes you can use CRM as a database even for sale department sushanth i have seen this option in one of the company

Have a look at the demo

suitecrm.com/demo

especially some modules:

• Products and Product Groups
  • Quotes
  • Invoices
  • Leads and Campaigns for prospection
  • etc