Full-text search?

Hi,

Does SuiteCRM support full-text search with ElasticSearch http://www.elasticsearch.org/?

Thanks,

Hi,

This is currently in development and is on our development roadmap which can be seen in our documentation. This is based on Lucene Zend search. It is anticipated to be available in Q1/Q2 2014.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi,

Any progress on full text search? Could not find any reference on the roadmap.
What we really want to be able to do is to search on the contents of “Notes”, not just the title and we do not want to have to prefix with %.

If could do both, then we would be really happy and may decide to use Suite - at the moment I cannot seem to do either on the demo.

If we added the Osnova “Advanced Search” module, would that achieve what we want, or is there something better/different coming along?

Ken

Hi,

Answered my own question and just posting for the benefit of any others interested.

Downloaded the latest version 7.1.1 and installed it on a machine. It does now include full text search as a built-in feature and it works beautifully (once I worked out that you need to add a line to the crontab file on the machine so that the scheduled indexing tasks can run).

It does search the content of Notes and will search on partial words.

Has made our decision easy - looking at implementing this throughout the company now.

Thanks to all who might have been involved in adding the feature - much appreciated.

Ken

1 Like

Hi Ken,

I am dealing with the same problem - trying to sort through ‘Notes’ by a character string. So far no luck. Any chance you could walk me through your solution? I’m quite new to both, SuiteCRM and Linux.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Greg