German Charset is ignored by SuiteCRM
2 months 1 week ago #77776
My SuiteCRM installation won't accept German umlauts. The following problem happens:
If I type one of these: ä, ö, ü --> it is converted into some weird signs (like this for example: Ã¼).
I tried three different ways to solve this problem, but none of them worked. In the following I will descirbe this attempts:
- I installed the german language pack
- Changed the local settings for each user to: ISO-8859-1.
- Furthermore, I changed the charset settings for the whole system to: ISO-8859-1.
- After changing, I did a quick repair. I logged off and logged in again
--> But still the german umlauts won't being accepted.
2) In addition to that, I tried to fix this problem by changing the settings in the config.php and config_override.php.
--> But also after these changes, my german umlauts wont being accepted.
Since my database was built with UTF-8, i changed the database collation to: utf8_german2_ci. For this I did the following:
- In myphpadmin I changed the database collation to utf8_german2_ci
- In myphpadmin I applied the collation change to the whole database.
- In SuiteCRM, I changed the database collation to utf8_german2_ci
- I did a quick repair, logged off and logged in again
--> But still nothing with my german umlauts....
Maybe someone can help me.
Thank you very much in advance!
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by tosesystems.
The administrator has disabled public write access.