Permission issues

I have now got three instances of SuiteCRM running, all on the same web server, and all have the same problem.
When I’ve installed, fresh - I go to create a user, and there is no option to add them as a portal user, so I have to change the edit and detail views to have this field visible.

On the first instance, the fields were all named, now they have undefined where the add row etc should be, and on all of them when I change a user attribute and save, it’s not there. For example, change user type to admin, on refresh they are still regular user, change their name/add a name, not showing on a refresh, add portal user, box not ticked.

I’ve put in the fix-permissions-v2.php script, followed the install instructions, changed the JSLanguage en file permissions to 777, deleted it, changed the permissions on the new one…nothing makes any difference.

Why can’t these attributes stay changed, and what is going on with the permissions of SuiteCRM 7.2.1 Max?

I have these to test the AOP setup, and that doesn’t work on ANY of the instances I have, despite having fresh installs, permissions set as per instructions and various threads, all the settings as per everything I have read, and still this doesn’t work.

Am I doing something seriously dumb?

Can anybody help me, please?

Portal users are created from Contacts, not CRM users.

Thanks,

Will.

it’s a bit late, but maybe somebody need it. I hope this helps. It’s working in my case.

https://help.univention.com/t/user-not-granted-admin-privileges-in-suitecrm/9683/2

Please enter the following commands on a linux command line as root

cat /etc/suitecrm/suitecrm/ucsadmin.secret

You will then see a long password. Use this password to login in in SuiteCRM as user ucsadmin. Use this user to give user users the admin role.