Install over Sugar 6.5.15 (Build 1083) CE

Hi out there

Is that possible? Guess in that case I´ll give it a try (and maybe fall in love?).

Thanks for a short reply.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

There will be an upgrade path released in the very near future which will which allow you to upgrade from your Sugar 6.5.15 instance to SuiteCRM 7.0.0.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Great - and next question: what´s “near future…”?

:cheer: Andreas

Hi Andreas,

We hope to release the upgrade path within the next few days. We’ll put an announcement on the forum when it is officially released.

Will.

1 Like

Hi Will,

I am very much looking forward to this! I am running my SugarCRM on a Synology NAS and hope all works out great!

Cheers,
Derk

Looking forward to the upgrade path info too!

Anyway, is it a good path to:

1. Install a fresh SuiteCRM
  2. change config.php pointing to SugarCRM database
  3. change the sugar version in sugar database
  4. run quick R&R

(?)

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Our technical lead is working on the upgrade path - the release of which is imminent. This will save your time/effort of doing this. However, you could download and install SuiteCRM and point it to the database. You would not need to change the Sugar version(SuiteCRM is built on SugarCRM 6.5.15. This is not recommended and we would also advise you to back up all data in case of a major fault/loss of data.

Thanks,

Will.

Will, I presume the database structure using SuiteCRM is different from the std. SugarCRM 6.5.15 CE?? and therefore this way of updating isn’t recommended?

Hi nuke,

The db structure is the same as SugarCRM 6.5.15 CE. I was advising Daniel that we do not personally recommend upgrading this way as there is an upgrade path being developed which will be released imminently which will save the hassle of upgrading the way Daniel mentioned . If you don’t want to wait and feel you are experienced enough to transition from Sugar to Suite this way, there should be no problem.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your advice. Done (without the need to change the sugar version in sugar database), everything smooth. :cheer:
Looking for new features…

Best regards, Michael

Hi Will,

Same here. I have already installed previous SuiteCRM with a customer and he is asking for an upgrade patch. I hope the patch released would be able to help upgrade the previous SuiteCRM also.

Hi guys,

We’re pleased to announce that there is now an upgrade path available. Please see this link for more details.

Thanks,

Will.

2 Likes

I’m also very interessted in the upgrade path !

Hi there,

You can access the upgrade path via this link.

Thanks,

Will.

I am using Sugar 6.5.16 CE. After download the upgrade path from the link, what are next steps?

Hi hkderek,

Once you have downloaded the upgrade path, please fully back up your SugarCRM instance and database(we also advise running the upgrade on a test instance before running on a production instance). After backing up your instance/db, navigate to the upgrade wizard and upload the SuiteCRM upgrade package. Follow the steps to ugprade you to SuiteCRM(SugarCRM CE 6.5.15). If you wish to upgrade to SugarCRM CE 6.5.16, you can do this after running your SuiteCRM upgrade but this will then mean you will need to upgrade the Security Suite module.

Thanks,

Will.

Do you mean that the current Security Suite inside SuiteCRM doesn’t support SugarCRM CE 6.5.16?

If yes, do you imply that I require to purchase Security Suite latest version in order to upgrade to SugarCRM CE 6.5.16?

Hi hkderek,

SuiteCRM 7.0.0 uses the freely available version of Security Suite. If you upgrade to SugarCRM 6.5.16 you will then need to also upgrade Security Suite, which is free. You can however pay for the premium version of Security Suite which is available to purchase Sugar Outfitters.

Thanks,

Will.

Will,

Can you post steps for upgrade for those that cannot use the upgrade wizard?

Thanks,

Chad