Errors after upgrade from 7.8.31 to 7.10.18

I used the file SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.18.zip to perform the upgrade. No errors during upgrade and reviewed upgradeWizard.log for errors as well. Nothing relate to this problem is listed.

Errors in the php_error.log:
[20-Jul-2019 16:08:17 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘ViewList’ not found in /var/www/html/suitecrm_upgrade/modules/Home/views/view.list.php on line 44

[20-Jul-2019 16:08:09 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘ViewList’ not found in /var/www/html/suitecrm_upgrade/modules/Opportunities/views/view.list.php on line 6

I can fix these errors by making non-upgrade safe changes to the listed files to add the line:

require_once('include/MVC/View/views/view.list.php');

But why is this information missing from files in this version?

Thanks,
Dianna

Do you have similar files customizing these, under custom directory?

No I haven’t customized the Home ListView or the Opportunities ListView.

But based on the fact that these are basic, non-customized files, I am now thinking that this is happening because we are still at PHP 5.5.9 and not PHP 7.1.

Dianna

PHP 5.5.9 should be compatible according the Compatibility Matrix… :huh:

Do those errors appear only during the upgrade, or afterwards, repeatedly? When do they show, is it when you navigate to those list views?

They appear when I navigate the list views.

Some list views work. Those where I have a custom listview.

Dianna

Do you have a custom version of this file?

include/MVC/View/views/view.list.php

I think your problem is a mismatch between some files that are new, and others that are too old; which SuiteCRM is using because they take precedence, coming from the custom folder. But I can’t yet figure out exactly how this could be happening…

I do! I have a customized version of that file built for one of my custom modules. That must be the reason.

Thanks for your help. I have made notes about this issue for when I do upgrade to version 7.10 or higher.

Dianna

I’m glad we found the cause.

When you upgrade, you get a list of files with a message like this:

That same list is available for future reference in upgradeWizard.log

This problem we had here was probably reported there. I recommend that you pay attention to those messages, even though the list might be long, and the checking process laborious. but it’s really necessary to avoid later surprises. SuiteCRM cannot decide on your behalf in these situations, it needs you to manually check what changed in the core file, and to merge those changes into your customizations.

I ran up against this problem again and wanted to clarify the solution for anyone else who might experience it.
This problem will occur even if you haven’t made any customizations to the view.list.php file for a module. It occurs if you have customized any of the views for the module and have a customized MVC view.list.php file. To fix the problem correctly in an upgrade safe way, you have to copy the view.list.php file from the module views directory and store it in your customized views directory and then add the line:
require_once(‘custom/include/MVC/View/views/view.list.php’);
That will be the only customization that you make to the file.

HTH,
Dianna

1 Like