Keep user data private

How do I configure SuiteCRM so a user only sees his own data? I create a role that allows only Owner to see his data. But when showing a graph, all users’ data appears in the graph. I also want to prevent users from see other users (e.g., in the Assign field). I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure about the graphs, haven’t tried them, so there might be a problem keeping SuiteCRM from ensuring security groups on that. Which graph is it? Some default, or your own?

You might need to assign records to Security Groups, which is a part of Security that people often neglect. This can be done individually from the bottom of the record’s Detail view, or with Mass Assign from List views.

Thanks. The graphs that reveal all user data are the system generated graphs. I do not have this issue with the standard listings and reports. I have decide to seek outside expert advice. Thanks again.

Ok, thanks. Can you just leave me with a “steps to reproduce” this issue, please? You know, the basic data to create and where to go to see this graph.

If some part of SuiteCRM is not honoring security groups restrictions, we need to fix that in core ASAP. Thanks.

Sure. I created several demo users. Each had three accounts and three new opportunities at different sales stages. I set up a role called SalesPerson and put each demo user in it. In that role, I set the permission to “Owner” for all columns it was available. I set up a security group call Testgroup and put the demo users in it. When I selected "All Opportunities by Lead Source graph from the droplet menu, all the data for all the demo users appears. Note in the attached example for Demo310, the graph shows 5 lead sources, yet Demo310 only has 3 lead sources. In another example, the graph “Outcome by Month” shows 5 outcomes for Demo310 when it only has 3. Similarly, the graph “Pipeline by Sales Stage” shows 4 outcomes for Demo310. The “My Pipeline” graph is reporting correctly.

Also, I purchase an add-on by IT Sapiens (Analytics Reporting) which has many charts. I get the same results using the add-on package. I know you do consider the add-on in the analysis of the system, but it would seem to me a Demo user using the add-on graphs tool should not have access to other users’ data. However, they do which is troubling. Let me know if you need more information.

I tried to attach the files, but couldn’t.

Thanks for that!

These Forums seem to have some problems, especially with Chrome, when attaching images.

Please see this thread for instructions https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/16012-file-attachments-having-problems-attaching-files-to-posts-on-this-forum-solution

And if that doesn’t go well, please use an external service like https://pasteboard.co and paste the link here.

Thanks again and sorry for the extra hassle - we’re working on moving to newer Forums software sometime this year.