Xampp and SuiteCRM install problem

I have Xampp 7.3.5-1 and tried to install SuiteCRM 7.11.5.
It goes through the initial checks.
I get couple onscreen errors for SugarBean.php and I change “continue” to “continue 2”.
That gets rid off of the errors.
Then I go to the database setup.
I fill in the first section with my existing root/password info.
Second section I tell it to create a new user and a new database. I give passwords.
When I click next it throws this error.

Creating SuiteCRM configuration file (config.php)

Creating SuiteCRM application tables, audit tables and relationship metadata
Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details (2).
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details (2). in C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\utils.php:1777 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php(329): sugar_die('Could not conne...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\DBManagerFactory.php(150): MysqliManager->connect(Array, true) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\utils.php(3351): DBManagerFactory::getInstance() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\utils.php(1775): sugar_cleanup() #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\database\MysqliManager.php(329): sugar_die('Could not conne...') #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\install\install_utils.php(609): MysqliManager->connect(Array, true) #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\install\install_utils.php(660): getDbConnection() #7 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\install\performSetup.php(185): handleDbCharsetCollation() #8 C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\install.php(799): require('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #9 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\include\utils.php on line 1777

That’s as far as I can get.

I know my Xampp works fine since I run an email server that’s using its Mariadb, and I run Roundcube webmail that needs the php and also the latest pHpList.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Check that your versions fall inside this matrix:

https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/compatibility-matrix/

In XAMPP, it is always necessary to turn off display_errors in your php.ini and restart web server, otherwise it won’t work.

If that doesn’t work, please revert the edits you made in SugarBean.php and tell me what is wrong with the program as it comes. That’s what i need to fix :slight_smile:

Yes, falls within the supported matrix.
Turned off the error messages.
The included error from the log clearly states what the problem is.
It’s not connecting to the database. But doesn’t say why.
In the first section of the included screen shot, I put in the root user and password.
I tried it many times and always the same error.
Btw, tried both localhost and the 127.xxx ip number.

“localhost” is better than “127.0.0.1”, but we know that’s not your problem because you already tried it.

Can you connect to mysql from the command-line with this?

mysql -D suitecrm -u root -p

Check this video for get details about how to install suitecrm 8

Hi,
Please check this guide: Installation Guide of SuiteCRM 8 on Ubuntu 16/18/20