Default permissions on centos + plesk

Hi,

Few months ago, I have successfully installed SuiteCRM 7.1.2-max on plesk/centos. Last week I’ve tried to use import feature and things got interesting again (I had some problems with installation too). For example:

I am trying to import contacts that were previously exported from the same installation of SuiteCRM. FIle is uploaded (in uploads folder I can see the file with aniplesk:psacln ownership), but the import fails with an error:

Fri Sep 19 11:23:41 2014 [24469][b1d52d92-fe88-5159-7b82-535acbcbaa00][FATAL] Caught error: chmod(): Operation not permitted

After some investigating I’ve changed default file permissions in config.php:

'default_permissions' =>
  array (
    'dir_mode' => 1528,
    'file_mode' => 432,
    'user' => 'apache',
    'group' => 'apache',
  )

Again, when trying to import contacts, file gets uploaded with the same permission as before (shouldn’t this time be apache:apache?), and import fails with the same error.

Any idea what could cause this behaviour?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Some people have had this problem and found that the parent dir permissions can cause these problems. reseting the permissions for the parent dirs may fix this.

Ian

Tried that already, doesn’t make any change…

I have had a look at a existing CRM running on plesk and from what I have found.

Centos running plesk on a sub domain with SuiteCRM the config.php file dir settings are as follows, This setup with the dir mode seems to work correctly for this user. The user is the user of that domain/subdomain.

‘dir_mode’ => 1517,
‘file_mode’ => 420,
‘user’ => ‘’,
‘group’ => ‘psacln’,

I would assume that the plesk panel which you are running will have the same group setup. I am not aware of any issues with this dir mode of the plesk panel for this user. so I assume that this does not have the same issues that you are seeing.

hopefully this helps.

Ian.

Permissions are in 2 files:
config.php
and
include/utils.php

It should be set in octal (with leading 0) to better read it.

'dir_mode' => 02775,
 'file_mode' => 0664,

I think.

Hi,

I’m also getting this issue on importing. I’ve tried setting the permissions (owner and group) in the config.php and utils.php, I’ve change the permissions on the parent dir ‘htdocs/3e65-upload/’ to 777. No luck.

For each line in the import file I see the following printed in the log:

Oddly though the data is imported (just takes quite a long time).

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Tim