Unabloe to login

When I try to log in to Sugar CRM I get the following message: “You must specify a valid user and password”

While my credentials are correct. I could see that when I delete the SuitePImproved cookie the connection works.

Then I disconnect I try to connect and it is again impossible to connect. For the connection to work I must systematically delete the suitePImproved cookie.

I am using version 6.5.13.

Should I update it?

Should I go into the code and remove the piece of code that generates the creation of the SuitePImproved cookie? if so, where is it?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

You didn’t say your version of SuiteCRM, this is important (you just gave your version of the SugarCRM code inside SuiteCRM).

There was a known issue with logins failing for people using SuitePImproved. The developer even put out a new version.

For the newer SuiteCRM versions, you probably don’t need SuitePImproved. Many similar changes (reduced spacing, added contrast) have already been put into the main code.

Thank you for your answer I use version 6.5.13 it seems to me. Where else can I check the version I use?
The name of the folder is: / Suga rCE-Full-6.5.13 so I think it’s 6.5.13

These are the Forums for SuiteCRM, not SugarCRM. We forked about 4 years ago.

You can check the version on the top-right menu, there is an “about” option.

SuiteCRM versions are normally expressed as

SuiteCRM Version 7.10.11
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

… to indicate also the version of the underlying SugarCRM code. But the most relevant part for me is that “7.10.11”.

Your folder name might not mean much: if it was originally installed with that name, but then you upgraded the software from inside the app, you advance your version. The “About” box is a better way to check.

If you really are running SugarCRM, not SuiteCRM, then you should search for their Forums (and seriously consider upgrading to SuiteCRM).

It’s ok I have found. It’s the version 7.9.12

No it’s ok I’m running with suiteCRM

You have to work around the incompatibility between your SuiteCRM and the theme SuitePImproved.

You can rtry

• removing SuitePImproved
  • upgrading SuitePImproved if there is a newer version
  • upgrading SuiteCRM to the latest would also help

If you can’t do any of these because you can’t login, use config_override.php

I am not sure but I think this is the way to do it:

$sugar_config['disabled_themes'] = 'SuitePImproved';

Make sure the original “SuiteP” theme is enabled.

Thank you for your reply.

When you say “delete SuitePImproved” I just have to delete the SuitePimproved folder?

I would like to know if you have some links where they show the procedure to follow to achieve this because I can not find on the internet.

The theme “SuiteP” is activated because in the cookies I can see that “user_login_theme = suiteP”

To remove it, uninstall it from Admin / Module Loader.

I do NOT recommend just deleting folders.

If you simply disable it with the procedure I gave you, I think you should be alright. If your error persists then maybe it’s something else.

Please check both your logs, there should be more precise clues there.

Thank you very much for your help it works.

Now, I have another question.

The captcha to recover my password is invisible.

I can not see anything.

I could see that this problem is already known …

When I click on “get another CAPTCHA”, nothing happens.
It’s the same for “Switching to Sound Mode” and “Switching to Picture Mode”

It’s as if the javascript links were obsolete or I do not know.

Whereas before it worked …

Maybe try a different browser?

If all else fails you have this solution:

http://support.sugarcrm.com/Knowledge_Base/Password_Management/Resetting_the_Administrator_Password_From_the_Database/

I would rather solve this captcha problem. because in the company there are more users who do not know how to use the command lines.

Did you try a different browser? Just as a diagnostic, to know if it’s a specific browser problem or not.

Also, please check your browser’s developer console for any errors.

yes, I tried on other browsers and there is no change. I looked at the console and I see all these messages, when I click on the other buttons:

login.js?v=mtBs-NlUjSquKfu08rlf-A:46 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘src’ of null
at toggleDisplay (login.js?v=mtBs-NlUjSquKfu08rlf-A:46)
at HTMLDivElement.onclick (index.php?module=Users&action=Login:169)

login.js?v=mtBs-NlUjSquKfu08rlf-A:44 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘src’ of null
at toggleDisplay (login.js?v=mtBs-NlUjSquKfu08rlf-A:44)
at HTMLDivElement.onclick (index.php?module=Users&action=Login:169)

recaptcha_ajax.js:186 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘value’ of null
at Object._set_challenge_internal (recaptcha_ajax.js:186)
at Object._set_challenge (recaptcha_ajax.js:185)
at Object.finish_reload (recaptcha_ajax.js:185)
at VM388 reload:1

recaptcha_ajax.js:186 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘value’ of null
at Object._set_challenge_internal (recaptcha_ajax.js:186)
at Object._set_challenge (recaptcha_ajax.js:185)
at Object.finish_reload (recaptcha_ajax.js:185)
at reload?c=SHUTDOWN&k=SHUTDOWN&reason=a&type=audio&new_audio_default=1:1

Did you obtain a Public key and a Private key from reCAPTCHA at http://recaptcha.net/ ?

Was ReCaptcha ever working?

No, I think I got it from google because I use this link for my .tpl file: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js

I asked two questions but you answered only one… :slight_smile:

The screen where you turn on Recaptcha has this help note saying:

Sorry, the captcha did not work before.

moreover, I would have a question regarding suite crm.

Why is the “SuitePImproved” theme not working?

I have not had a connection problem since I use the “Suite P” theme.

You’ll have to ask the SuiteP Improved theme author why it’s not working. I know there was one of our upgrades that broke his theme, but it was promplty fixed and a new version came out. Are using the latest SuitePImproved?

Any way, we did reduce the spacing in our Themes lately, so the idea is to make SuiteP Improved unnecessary. I’m a fan of lower spacing myself.

About ReCaptcha, it is a feature I simply never tried, sorry. You’ll have to figure out what that help text means and try to make it work. (It would be great if other people who are using Recaptcha could come into this discussion and help out!)

Also, I see that Recaptcha now belongs to Google. Maybe something changed…