Upgrade log file - MISSING IN DATABASE - Is this OK?

It appears during upgrades, (pretty much anyone I’ve ever done) I get messages like this in Upgrade Log. Is this normal, and considered OK? In other words, the upgrade is successful? If so, is it really missing? Maybe it would be better stated that “NOT IN YET”.

Or do I have a fundamental problem that needs addressed? The reason I am homing in on this is because I am having a helluva time going from 7.8.X to 7.10.X (or 7.9.X for that matter)

Emails are giving me a terrible fit, it seems to break no matter what I do or try. Anyway, first things first, is this MISSING message considered normal during an upgrade?

Thanks,
Jim

Snippet of Upgrade Log message below:

Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:06:54 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - Running sql:/* Table : outbound_email /
/COLUMNS/
/MISSING IN DATABASE - smtp_from_name - ROW/
/MISSING IN DATABASE - smtp_from_addr - ROW/
/
INDEXES */
ALTER TABLE outbound_email add COLUMN smtp_from_name varchar(255) NULL , add COLUMN smtp_from_addr varchar(255) NULL

Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:06:55 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - database repaire

Hi

the upgrade wizard detects it’s missing, but supposedly runs that SQL to add the columns. So it should happen just once.

Please go in Admin / Repairs, run a Quick Repair and Rebuild, and scroll to the bottom. If there’s a button to “sync vardefs with database”, press it.

You can then check your database (with phpMyAdmin or similar) and see if those columns (smtp_from_name and smtp_from_addr) exist in your outbound_email table.

You can also rename (and later, delete it, if nothing bad happens) your upload/upgrades directory. This will clear any left-overs from previous broken upgrades.