SuiteCRM 7.10.10 upgrade failure

Hi all,

I am having troubles upgrading my SuiteCRM installation from 7.10.7 to 7.10.10 with PHP Fatal error (I also couldn’t upgrade last version because of some other reason).

This time the error I am getting is:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot pass parameter 1 by reference in ~/SuiteCRM/include/dir_inc.php on line 255, referer: http://localhost/index.php

And the line 255 in dir_inc.php is:

$the_array[] = clean_path("$the_dir/$f");

I did a Google search and came with a fix (with my very limited PHP knowledge as below:

$thetemp = "$the_dir/$f";
$the_array[] = clean_path($thetemp);

and below (notice the array bracket next to my fancy new variable:

$thetemp[] = "$the_dir/$f";
$the_array[] = clean_path($thetemp);

But my layman’s fix sends my Apache to death with following error:

[pid 2710:tid 140282074019904] AH00052: child pid 28855 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I am on PHP version 5.6.38 if it matters.

Any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Your second fix is no good, the first… maybe.

Please tell me if you’re on Linux or WIndows or Mac?

Also tell me your exact version of PHP.

And put that line back to the way it was in the beginning, and add this line just BEFORE:

$GLOBALS['log']->fatal($the_dir);

Now check your logs to see what is in that variable when it breaks.

Sorry for my late reply. I kept trying and finally upgrade completed without an error. So there was no problem in the upgrade code itself but somehow my old version of PHP and many-times-upgraded-install was a problem (my fresh install was 7.02, and have been upgrading since then).

I bit the bullet and upgraded my sever to Ubuntu 18.04, PHP 7.2 with php72-fpm. Did a fresh install and plugged it into old upgraded database. I couldn’t have been more happy B-)

Everything works perfectly and performance with 7.2/php-fpm is 10 times better :wink:

Thank you SuiteCRM team!