Upgrade to 7.10.7 error

Hi, help required

I have been trying to upgrade my Suite 7.9.13 (I think)to the new 7.10.7 patch, but I am not having much luck

I have successfully upgraded to 7.9.17 today thinking that doing it in stages may help however this still didnt work to 7.10.7

Initially it uploads the package ok, as soon as I click next to do preflight checks it errors “upload package before continuing”

Any Ideas ??

Try renaming your “upload/upgrades/patch/” directory to something else, to clean up left-overs from previous installations.

Also try re-downloading the package, it might be incomplete or corrupted.

If that doens’t work, check your logs

• upgradeWizard.log

• suitecrm.log

• php_errors.log

Thanks PGR

I have been on leave so first time ive had to get back to it

I will try asap
Much appreciated

Hi, I haven’t had much luck with your recommended previous steps, however I have also noticed another couple of anomolies

Upgrade shows 7.10 patch had been uploaded
In about section clearly states 7.9.17 is the current version
If i go into my profile I am missing the “Layout Options” Tab which I was expecting in 7.10

I have attached some snips to show what I am seeing

It doesn’t look like your upgrade to 7.10 is complete, despite the message that seems to say that. You can click “delete package” button to clear up that old attempt.

Check your max_upload_size and max_execution_time in php.ini, give them higher values and try again.

Thanks PGR I’ll give it a try

I have completed the required

Check your max_upload_size / increased
max_execution_time / increased

Even though I managed to upgrade 2 9.9.17 last month and nothing has changed since privilage/permissions wise

Trying to Upgrade 7.10.7 this morning I am now getting a “Show Missing Database Permissions” and “SELECT [x] FROM [table]”

Could you:

1. Let me know where to look for this error in the log ?
  2. keeping in mind this is a suitecrm on windows installation using MSSQL could you advise next steps ?

Thanks

Sorry I don’t understand you’re description of this new error. Where is this message showing, and when you do what?

Is that the exact error message? I can’t find it in the code.

You can check your logs for any relevant messages at the time you attempt the upgrade:
suitecrm.log
php_errors.log (or equivalent)
upgradeWizard.log

Hi PGR

I noticed the latest release has come available 7.10.8

I upgraded using the new patch and seemed to go through the upgrade wizard process successfully

No privilage problems

However since upgrading I am now getting "Composer autoloader not found. please run “composer install” when I browse to the web page

It now does not connect to my MS SQL DB

I have checked my config.php and all is correct

I use MS SQL multimode access and is set to “sa” and config .php is exactly the same

I log into SQL management with sa and it allows access

I ping the host name from the Suiteserver and get a reply (its actually on the same server as the SQL)

Any ideas or do I need to open a new Topic/ticket

Cheers

Hi there,
Can you check that you have a new folder in the root of your SuiteCRM installation called “vendor” and a composer.json/composer.lock file at the root of the installation.

Hi

Yes I can confirm that there is a “vendor” folder in my root, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CRM\SuiteCRM-7.9.8\vendor

And also composer.lock & composer.json also in the root

Keep in mind this was a running system untill the update

Thanks

You can try running “composer install” from your root directory. I’m not sure how this works on Windows, if composer itself needs to be installed first on Windows. This will update all the packages on which SuiteCRM depends.

If necessary you could try installing a Git Bash shell in Windows, you will be able to run the Linux composer from there.

Also please check again all the logs I mentioned above, there should be more clues there.

Thanks PGR

Ill give it ago

Hi All

I have finally got my CRM up and running

I did find the following issues that are now resolved

Had to create a new user in my MS SQL DB and enter into Config.php
Allowed more space to the CRM storage
Delete many bespoke relationships to my own modules made in module builder
Rename the DNS of my CRM instance within the domain

I do feel that it is a must that new things are created in the “Custom” module folder (which most of mine were)
But just the little tweaks to the non “custom” folders of course get rewritten on upgrade

This is now resolved and can be closed

many thanks to all for your assistance

1 Like