AJAX error for some users when going to the view a list of contacts

For some users, the message:

There was an error processing your request, please try again at a later time./ If this error persists, please have your administrator disable Ajax for this module

Appears when going to view the list of contacts.

An error is thrown in the browser:

“AjaxUI error parsing response” in sugar_grp1.js

A quick repair does not change the symptoms.

There are no errors thrown in suitecrm.log or in the server’s httpd error log.

This is on SuiteCRM 7.10.6 and was first reported after an upgrade to 7.10.5 from 7.10.1.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

-Darrell

1 Like

Can you reproduce this in the live demo?

suitecrm.com/demo

You can try some other repairs from Admin / Repair (anything javacsript related)

I’ve done all Javascript related rebuilds/ fixes.
I’ve been unable to duplicate the issue in the sandbox.

For most users it is fine. For a few it is not. If I turn off AJAX for that module, then I get a terse screen with only the ability to add a new contact.

That error you mentioned (AjaxUI error parsing response" in sugar_grp1.js) is that on the page itself, or on the Browser’s Developer console?

If it is on the page, check also the console, please.

The reference to sugar_grp1.js is only visible through the browser’s console.

Ok, thanks. And in the Developer console, please go to the Network tab and reload the page with the error.

Then tell me if you see any HTTP request there with a failure (like a 500 error), and any additional info it shows in that error.

Error:

HTTP500: SERVER ERROR - The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.
(XHR)GET - http://www.DOMAINNAMEGOESHERE.com/crm/index.php?module=Contacts&action=index&parentTab=Support&ajax_load=1&loadLanguageJS=1

Code:

var panel=SUGAR.ajaxUI.errorPanel;panel.setHeader(SUGAR.language.get(‘app_strings’,‘ERR_AJAX_LOAD’));panel.setBody(’<iframe id=“ajaxErrorFrame” style=“width:780px;height:550px;border:none;marginheight=“0” marginwidth=“0” frameborder=“0"”>’);panel.setFooter(SUGAR.language.get(‘app_strings’,‘ERR_AJAX_LOAD_FOOTER’));panel.render(document.body);SUGAR.util.doWhen(function(){var f=document.getElementById(“ajaxErrorFrame”);return f!=null&&f.contentWindow!=null&&f.contentWindow.document!=null;},function(){document.getElementById(“ajaxErrorFrame”).contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML=errorMessage;window.setTimeout(‘throw “AjaxUI error parsing response”’,300);});SUGAR.ajaxUI.errorMessage=errorMessage;window.setTimeout(‘if((typeof(document.getElementById(“ajaxErrorFrame”)) == “undefined” || typeof(document.getElementById(“ajaxErrorFrame”)) == null || document.getElementById(“ajaxErrorFrame”).contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML == “”)){document.getElementById(“ajaxErrorFrame”).contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML=SUGAR.ajaxUI.errorMessage;}’,3000);panel.show();panel.center();throw"AjaxUI error parsing response”;},canAjaxLoadModule:function(module)

Request Headers

Accept: /
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-US, en; q=0.5
Cache-Control: no-cache
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cookie: sugar_user_theme=SuiteP; EmailGridWidths=0=10&1=10&2=150&3=250&4=175&5=125; ck_login_language_20=en_us; ck_login_id_20=48931375-e67e-01f6-9702-5b22947e64f8; PHPSESSID=1831da6c85fd9157089450bce5dc97e9
Host: www.baldwingroup.com
Referer: http://www.DOMAINNAMEGOESHERE.com/crm/index.php?action=ajaxui
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.17134
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest

Response Headers

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Connection: close
Content-Length: 3126
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:07:49 GMT
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Server: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) PHP/7.1.17 SVN/1.7.14 mod_wsgi/3.4 Python/2.7.5
Set-Cookie: ck_login_id_20=48931375-e67e-01f6-9702-5b22947e64f8; expires=Thu, 13-Sep-2018 11:07:49 GMT; Max-Age=7776000; path=/; domain=www.DOMAINNAMEGOESHERE.com; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: ck_login_language_20=en_us; expires=Thu, 13-Sep-2018 11:07:49 GMT; Max-Age=7776000; path=/; domain=www.DOMAINNAMEGOESHERE.com; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: sugar_user_theme=SuiteP; expires=Sat, 15-Jun-2019 11:07:49 GMT; Max-Age=31536000; HttpOnly
X-Powered-By: PHP/7.1.17

I have a foggy memory of an issue just like this. It was related to “saved searches” on the list view. That’s why it was user specific.

Let’s try and clear the saved searches from those users.

Try entering this as your browser’s URL:

http://localhost/index.php?action=index&module=Contacts&searchFormTab=advanced_search&query=true&clear_query=true

Change that “localhost” to be your server URL (like my.company.com).

This has to be done for each user that shows the error.

2 Likes

That totally fixed it; thanks!!!

Not sure if I’m having the same trouble, but the error looks similar to me. Unfortunately I’m getting a 500 internal server error also for your fixer-upper URL
http://localhost/index.php?action=index&module=Contacts&searchFormTab=advanced_search&query=true&clear_query=true

I seem to be getting this error for all AJAX modules. e.g. leads module. I can open detail/editview of individual record no problem. But listview doesn’t load.

“There was an error processing your request, please try again at a later time.”

JS Console showing multiple entries:

Failed to decode downloaded font: https://crmtest.ezs.ch/themes/SuiteP/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf
GET /index.php?module=Leads&action=index&parentTab=Addressbuch&ajax_load=1&loadLanguageJS=1 500 (Internal Server Error)
Uncaught AjaxUI error parsing response
GET /cache/index.php?entryPoint=getImage&themeName=SuiteP&imageName=dashletclose.png 403 (Forbidden)

All of them referring to one of these:
/cache/include/javascript/sugar_grp1_yui.js
/cache/include/javascript/sugar_grp1.js
/cache/themes/SuiteP/js/style.js

When trying to load your link (/index.php?action=index&module=Leads&searchFormTab=advanced_search&query=true&clear_query=true) I get

GET /index.php?action=index&module=Leads&searchFormTab=advanced_search&query=true&clear_query=true 500 (Internal Server Error)

Any ideas?

For a 500 error I would look at the PHP Fatal error in php_errors.log (or whatever your web server log is called).

You can also clear the filter form the database. It’s in table user_preferences, with a specific user_id and a specific “category” value… I don’t remember which.

Try changing a filter from the UI and seeing what happens in that table. The actual filter goes, Base64 encoded, in the “content” field. To reset, you can remove the entire row or simply replace the content with one that is known to work (copied from some other user).

1 Like

I’m not seeing any php errors in my error log from loading that page. error_reporting is on E_ALL.

Interestingly if I turn on “display_errors on”, I don’t see any errors on the screen, instead I don’t see the suitecrm error message anymore: “There was an error processing your request, please try again at a later time.” it’s just an empty popup with the same title “An error has occurred.”

I do have a new error that popped up at some point, but I can’t reproduce. Seems to have come from viewing the logs via SuiteCRM Admin.
[Tue Oct 09 14:46:02.659060 2018] [:error] [pid 8008] [client 213.160.35.9:52940] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘LoggerManager’ not found in [www-path]/include/ErrorMessage.php on line 121, referer: [www-path]/index.php?action=LogView&module=Configurator&doaction=all&filter=%3A

Do you have the class definition?

include/SugarLogger/LoggerManager.php:45: class LoggerManager

Which version are you running, again?

Yes class LoggerManager in include/SugarLogger/LoggerManager.php looks fine to me.

I’m on a fresh upgrade from 7.4.1 to 7.10.9.
Upgrade procedures all went through without issues.

Found the culprit in /custom/modules//views/view.list.php. Some old custom module had placed some code in here that SuiteCRM doesn’t like anymore.

Still don’t understand why I didn’t see the 500 error in any of my logs…
I am seeing other PHP errors…

1 Like

I don’t know why, but this command solved my issue too.

Thank you for having asked.
Thank you for having answered.

Best regards

Hi guys,

I’m using version 7.10.13. After doing some adjustments to roles one our users experienced the sale behavior on the list view of the accounts module. We try using the fix suggested by “pgr”:

http://localhost/index.php?action=index&module=Accounts&searchFormTab=advanced_search&query=true&clear_query=true

After that the list view is restored but after log-out/log-in the user will face the same issue.

Today another admin user experienced the same issue. The work around was to open the suggested URL and create a filter that calls all accounts that way the issue disappears. But if the user clears the filter and restart the browser, the issue comes back.

It is definitely an Ajax issue because when we disable it for that module, all users can access the list view with no problem.

What is causing this? Can it be considered a bug? Does any one have a better solution?

Thanks