Upgrading from 7.9.17 to 7.10.5 fails

Good afternoon,

I had installed SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.9.17 last week and decided to give it a go on the next update to 7.10.5.

The base install was 7.8.10 LTS.

When I start the installation process I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() in /modules/Contacts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php:51
Stack trace:
#0 /modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(705): require()
#1 /modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(756): EditViewMerge->loadData(‘Contacts’, ‘modules/Contact…’, ‘/home/userdata/…’, ‘custom/modules/…’)
#2 /modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(209): EditViewMerge->merge(‘Contacts’, ‘modules/Contact…’, ‘/home/userdata/…’, ‘custom/modules/…’, true)
#3 /modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(180): SugarMerge->mergeFile(‘Contacts’, ‘detailviewdefs…’, true, true)
#4 /modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(150): SugarMerge->mergeModule(‘Contacts’, true, true, true)
#5 /modules/UpgradeWizard/commit.php(278): SugarMerge in /modules/Contacts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php on line 51

I’m stuck and I’ve searched the forums but I couldn’t see a fix for this.

Thanks

Hello?

Does anyone use this forum?
How can I get support?

Thanks

Hi, welcome. Yes I make about 30 to 50 posts a day in this forum :slight_smile:

There was a network problem preventing Forum activity for many users yesterday, maybe that’s why this seemed slow.

I believe you’re experiecing a known issue with the upgrade code in 7.9.x, please try the workaround here

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/18587-upgrading-from-7-9-to-7-10-blank-upgrade-wizard-during-final-stage?start=15#66806

Hi par thank you for your reply.
I was away a couple of days, I’m going to have a look to it now.

I found a very odd behaviour now when I came to SuiteCRM Admin I get this error and I see no options at all:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/modules/Contacts/…/…/include/EmailInterface.php’ (include_path=’/home/lostroom/in-web/crm/include/HTMLPurifier/standalone:/include/…:.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /modules/Contacts/Contact.php on line 51

This happened after replacing the three files mentioned on the topic you mentioned.

Thanks

I think there is some confusion between versions. The files you replaced must be coming from 7.10.

Start by putting back the originals of the files. You have them backed-up, right?

Then try the upgrade to the latest version 7.10.6, which came out after your first post here.

Well luckily this wasn’t a production system (hence I have not backed up the files), we’re evaluating Suite as an option;

I have to say I was poorly impressed with an upgrade release on the official website having this issues as this that has happened… I am appalled that a new installed version raw -> LTS - 7.9.17 - 7.10.5 all official update packages and they don’t work well together? Was it a beta release? I don’t follow…
I’ve also seen several issues inside SuiteCRM itself, poorly labeled buttons, insufficient error messages… don’t really know what to think.

I’ll erase this installation in full and try the update sequence once again. LTS -> 7.9.17 -> 7.10.6

Cheers

You can skip the 7.9, go directly from 7.8 to 7.10.

The bug in the upgrade packs only affects a few people, but it is quite annoying. It is fixed in the 7.10.6 packages.

The other issues we’ll deal with them when you succeed in upgrading. Sometimes it’s just left-over cached CSS from the previous version.

Normally the upgrade experience is pretty clean, just upload the package and it’s done. I’m sorry you’re not getting that happy experience yourself… :frowning: