Database error

Good day to you all,
I set up a database, but i cant get it to work properly. it gave me this following error message

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details. in C:\xampp\htdocs\FibreBoyz\include\utils.php:1691 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\FibreBoyz\include\database\MysqliManager.php(290): sugar_die(‘Could not conne…’) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\FibreBoyz\include\database\DBManagerFactory.php(147): MysqliManager->connect(Array, true) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\FibreBoyz\include\entryPoint.php(179): DBManagerFactory::getInstance() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\FibreBoyz\index.php(47): require_once(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’) #4 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\FibreBoyz\include\utils.php on line 1691

I tried taking a look but was totally lost as to how I must correct this :S When i was setting it up, the database did show up on PHPmyadmin yet it had nothing in it.

Please help.

Regards,
1st time user

What settings did you use to connect?

Host is probably “localhost”, if on the same computer
User needs to be your MySQL Admin user, normally
Password is the MySQL password of that user

Other than that, check your PHP<>database connection. Sometimes you need to enable some database module in php.ini, though normally Xampp should come with all that configured for you.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. What exactly do you mean what connection settings I used? can that cause a problem?

I followed these steps: https://youtu.be/cgBSRjpYghs
but after the coding/configuring of database, it doesn’t accept the code, giving me an error about the first 2 lines. I replaced that with the coding mentioned in one of the comments about this error. That worked, but my database had nothing in it.
I configured the settings such as login details, email settings etc. but after the second stage where it should lead me to login page, it gives me that error code.

I hope this will help you help me :slight_smile: thanks in advance.

I am sorry, I don’t have time to watch 18 minute videos, or even to skim through them.

I am talking about the settings you put into your SuiteCRM installation screen, when it asks you about your database credentials. Try to get that right in accordance with whatever XAMPP sets up for you. If in that, ask at the XAMPP forums or check XAMPP documentation online.

1 Like