Error accessing EmailsAddresses module

Hi,

I have just fresh installed Suitecrm 7.10 and I am getting following error on visiting Recently Viewed => Base Impleme…

Error: File [modules/EmailAddresses/metadata/detailviewdefs.php] is missing. Unable to create because no corresponding HTML file was found.

I am able to replicate this issue on PHP 5.5 and PHP 7.0 as well.

Can anyone know what is causing this issue ?

And do you see that file in that directory?

If you do this command from the root directory of SuiteCRM install, what does it say?

ls -al modules/EmailAddresses/metadata

With this I can check if your permissions look right.

Hi,

No. This metadata directory is not present in EmailAddresses. The EmailAddresses directory contains only language directory, EmailAddress.php and vardefs.php files

And after executing the above command it gives “ls: cannot access modules/EmailAddresses/metadata: No such file or directory”

I confirm that this file is not supposed to exist.

Please explain better how you get this error. Is it in Recently Viewed, then what? What record do you visit to make the link com up in Recently viewed?

And what does the link contain?

Thanks

Steps to reproduce the error:

1. Visit Activities -> Emails
  2. Create Emails -> Save
  3. Return to Home, It will show Base Impleme… in recently viewed tab.
  4. On clicking Base Impleme… It will show “Error: File [modules/EmailAddresses/metadata/detailviewdefs.php] is missing. Unable to create because no corresponding HTML file was found.”

And what does the link contain?
{URL TO SUITECRM}/index.php?module=EmailAddresses&action=DetailView&record=75c638ad-a44c-54d5-ca28-5a8daa392ddc

I can confirm this is a bug and that the team is working on it, stay tuned for the next releases, let’s hope this can be fixed in 7.10.1

Thank you for the confirmation.

We shall wait for the bug to be fixed in upcoming release.

Has there been any news on this bug? I hope it will be easy to fix and that we don’t have to wait weeks and weeks for an update to 7.10.1.

I with I had waited a bit longer before I updated to the new version.

I think (not sure, though) that this is the Issue

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5295

and it includes a fix you can easily apply manually.

It should be released this coming week, if I’m not mistaken. The first release after a big release is always meant to be quick.

I don’t think this issue relates totally to emails. When I go to view an account or lead in detail view it pops the name into the 'Recently Viewed" sidebar. That’s what it should do. When I go to look at another account or lead in detail view, the system replaces the previous NAME in Recently viewed with “Base Impleme…” and if you hover over it you get “EmailAddresses” (no space) in the tool-tip box.

(I’d add a screenshot but I can’t get "add file’ button to work with Chrome on macos High Sierra. (Click on the ‘help’ icon and you get a 404.))

I’ll take a look at the code in the bug report.

I tried the code in:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5295/commits/1e4d9fc2db25bbb0eddf26e7be3a8beb39b56521

and it does not work. It did add a two more names to the Recently Viewed sidebar but on subsequent views of detail records it changed the names to “Base Imple…” just like earlier. I think you have the right module. I looked at the code but I don’t know the 'Smarty" script language well enough to figure out what is going on. I didn’t think anyone still used Smarty but I guess it is still going strong… it has been around forever.

Looking forward to 7.10.1 where I hope this bug will be fixed.

Maybe you could comment on that issue and ask if it’s supposed to solve that “Base Imple…” bug you’re seeing. I know other people are seeing it, and I would like to make sure the fix is being worked on…

Not sure I understand. Where (or to whom) should I post something about this issue? Are you suggesting I make a new thread?

Sorry for not being very clear.

That PR doesn’t really say what problem it is solving, it doesn’t mention what the user sees on-screen. I think it is this “Base Implem…” thing, but I am not sure.

If you go there and ask the developer, he can tell you that, and in the mean time he will be alerted to what your problem is.

If you conclude it is entirely unrelated then the best thing is to open a different issue, of course.

thanks

Affects me too—I’ve opened this bug report:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/5403

Thanks,
Dave

1 Like

Hi,

I have observed that the Suitecrm has release 7.10.1. However the issue which I had reported earlier is not solved in 7.10.1 version also.

Hi,

Sorry I’m late to the thread.

I opened up a PR this morning which removes the ‘Base Implementation’ from the side bar.

Thanks for raising the issue.

Regards.

Error: File [modules/EmailAddresses/metadata/detailviewdefs.php] is missing. Unable to create because no corresponding HTML file was found.

Version 7.10.1

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)