Error on Module Sangoma after upgrading to 7.10

Error on Sangoma Module after upgrading to 7.10, Sangoma is meant to integrate with the VOIP IP system with PBXact

it does work well up to to the 7.9.14 version after the install on 7.10 I get the attached error… Please help is important for the business.

Have you asked the add-on developer about this? You can reach him via the Support section of the SuiteCRM Store, assuming you bought it there.

I did they said do not update on 10 is not stable they wont do anything until is stabilize… this is how far I ve got.

what has changed on SuiteCRM code that can affect a module like this? is anything we can do on our end?

They’ve had 2 Betas and 2 Release Candidates to examine the novelties in 7.10, what are they waiting for?

Anyway hundreds of things changed and only people with the add-on can track down the incompatibilities. There’s no way we can guess what each add-on will have problems with, the only way to know is testing.

By the way, there isn’t anything in 7.10 that is a big compatibility breaker, this is probably just a minor issue that needs adjustment.

still no solution on their end… I dont know. they dont seem to cooperate… anything i can do?

You can get a PHP developer to debug it and find out the cause of the error. It’s probably just a minor fix that needs to be done.