Menu
SuiteCRM dedicated support by SalesAgility
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Resolved] Installation of Suite 7.9.12 - Unable to save Contact's Email Address

Installation of Suite 7.9.12 - Unable to save Contact's Email Address 8 months 2 days ago #59850

• ExtensalogicScott
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
I've installed a fresh 7.9.12 SuiteCRM successfully. I have been unable to save the email address for any of my contacts. When I try to save:

1) When I hit Save I get a blank Screen with no Feedback and status unknown. It does not post the email address to the record.

Is there something new with respect to email validation that I can turn off within the Admin panel. I've used earlier versions of SuiteCRm and have never encountered this issue.

Thanks
Scott
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Installation of Suite 7.9.12 - Unable to save Contact's Email Address 8 months 2 days ago #59851

• ExtensalogicScott
  • Premium Member
I forgot to mention , neither the SugarCrm or SuiteCRM log files report anything out of the ordinary. I'm going to try to display errors in php to see if I can see anything as well.

Installation of Suite 7.9.12 - Unable to save Contact's Email Address 8 months 1 day ago #59865

• samus-aran
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Hi there,

A white screen would indicate a fatal error. Are you able to look at your PHP logs?

How are you editing the email address? Via the Edit View or the inline editing?

There is a known bug for the inline editing but haven't see the edit view causing an issue.

Let us know how you get on.

SalesAgility - the authors and maintainers of SuiteCRM
Get Involved! Help contribute to the SuiteCRM documentation site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ExtensalogicScott

Installation of Suite 7.9.12 - Unable to save Contact's Email Address 8 months 1 day ago #59872

• ExtensalogicScott
  • Premium Member
Hi Samus-Arun,

Thanks for the tip. I was editing in edit mode and not inline mode. Even when I set php to "DisplayErrors", still received the white screen.

However, I was looking at the wrong log file. In looking at "error_log" I see the following message:

[14-Feb-2018 14:09:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv() in /home/techcadets/public_html/crm/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Field.php on line 222

Looks like iconv() function is missing. I'll add to my configuration and let you know the result.

Thanks,
Scott

Installation of Suite 7.9.12 - Unable to save Contact's Email Address 8 months 1 day ago #59873

• ExtensalogicScott
  • Premium Member
Ok. I provisioned a new version of PHP with the iconv() libraries and all is well.

Much thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: samus-aran

Installation of Suite 7.9.12 - Unable to save Contact's Email Address 8 months 1 day ago #59879

• samus-aran
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 157
Super well done!

SalesAgility - the authors and maintainers of SuiteCRM
Get Involved! Help contribute to the SuiteCRM documentation site.
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds