Default permissions for SuiteCRM

Hello All

I have installed SuiteCRM on my server … it takes 777 as default permissions…
Can anybody tell about the permissions of SuiteCRM

Hi mahichopra,

Please set the following permissions on your SuiteCRM instance:

sudo chmod -R 755 .

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Thanks,

Will.

2 Likes

Hello Will

Thanks for the reply

Hello,

I’m using cPANEL / FileZilla to change the permissions. Do I need to change the directories & subsdirectories and ALL of the files
or just the directories?

Thanks,

keeneye

Hi there,

Setting permissions via FileZilla should set the permissions recursively for that directory. If you have any issues please respond with what issues you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Will.

Thanks for the quick reply, should I use the following parameters

Tick the box [All subfolders] and radiobutton [ALL files and folders]

Keeneye

Hi Keeneye,

For SuiteCRM you may need to select all files and folders. Please make sure to set your permissions to 755 for your SuiteCRM directory and then 775 for the required folders/files listed in my earlier post.

Thanks,

Will.

Just checking, did’nt want to create security issues. I’ve given the folders/subfolders/files mentionend 775, the rest is 755.

I’ve been looking for an OS CRM solution and SugarCRM was my choice, but the lack of recent activity from Sugar and the community (add-ons) put me off. I came by chance last week by SuiteCRM and this renewed my hope (for SuiteCRM). I attennded theweb meeting yesterday, I think you and SuiteCRM have a bright future. Success.

Thanks for the support, I’m still busy testing but hope to begin setting up a live site next week.

Keeneye

Hi Keeneye,

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the webinar. We welcome feedback on the results of your testing. Post any issues/bugs on the forum in our “Bug Tracker” topic. We are in the process of implementing a working bug tracker for the suitecrm.com website so that issues can be reported/fixed and viewed by other members of the community easily.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will

Please work on workflows .Only this is the main point came across regrding suite CRM . In workflows it doen not take the condition like that(When createrecord or after time elapse ) as in Sugar CRM otherwise SuiiteCRM is much better.

Now for my company i used to install Suite CRm and now it works fine

Hello Will

No reply

Hi there,

Do you have a query you wish us to reply to?

Thanks,

Will.

Yeah i have asked this earlier please check my earlier post

Hello Will

Please work on workflows .Only this is the main point came across regrding suite CRM . In workflows it doen not take the condition like that(When createrecord or after time elapse ) as in Sugar CRM otherwise SuiiteCRM is much better.

Now for my company i used to install Suite CRm and now it works fine

Hi there,

What exactly are you trying to do? Is your workflow not running? Can you send a screenshot of your issues?

Thanks,

Will.

Hello

I want to send email when creating record . In sugarCRM there is a option that whenever u will create/ edit record you can easily sedn email notifiCATION. is this possible in case of suite crm

Hi there,

You don’t need a condition to send an email when a record is created. Just create a workflow on the module you want to send the email from and add the action “Send Email” with the template you wish and the relevant name/subject etc.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello

Will i want to send an email when record created . what can i do in this case

Hi there,

What I explained previously does this.

Thanks,

Will.

hello

Nops

Can u please check workflows at sugarCRM , If this feature wil add in Suite CRM then it will rock

Hi there,

This works if you do this in the WorkFlow module of SuiteCRM. Please send us a screenshot of how you are doing this in SugarCRM.

Thanks,

Will.