Email

I have setup the email setting and test email is successfully sent and received. Inbound email is also set for the user and test email sent and received. Outbound email is also set, test email sent and received also, but I have the following issues:

1. The email module doesn’t work in user account , the dropdown selection is blank.
  2. The Inbound emails only received in the admin account but not the user inbox

Anyone can guide me to do it so the email can work as normal?

Thank you.

Top right hand side > hover over username > Click “profile”

Scroll to the bottom of user profile to Email Settings panel

Click Settings button

Here you can connect the email address to the user

Hi, I set it up but still can’t work and when i tried to send test email the user will log out by itself. I have not been able to set it up successfully since day 1.

I’m having similar issues with the email module. I think it’s broken. Only a single email address can send emails even though we all have separate credentials and licenses for Office 365.

This is a big issue for us as we are a three person firm and rely on doing campaign emails, regular emails, email templates, etc. and none of it works.

Is this being addressed and going to be fixed? I am very wary about upgrading once I have a stable install.

Finally, the email issues are resolved but the now another issue, the body of the email doesn’t show what supposed to be received, instead it shown the old email password recovery email dated many days ago when the email was sent.

Anyone encounter this?

I’ve done more research on this issue. Here is what I have concluded.

When using Office365 with multiple users my email works fine for receiving and sending emails within the SuiteCRM application. My other two users of both Office365 and SuiteCRM are able to receive email but can not send email.

This is the error when I attempt to send a test email:

Error:SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [BN4PR14MB0593.namprd14.prod.outlook.com] SMTP code: 550

I am convinced that there is a setting in Office365 that needs to be made. I have had my hosting service(InMotion)create an SPF record and that has not seemed to address the issue. GoDaddy sold me the three Office365 licenses and they only support clients such as Outlook, webmail, IOS, etc and plead ignorance as to how to fix it so it will work in SuiteCRM.

So essentially, I am stuck. For my account, even the email PDF templates work somewhat. For some reason the insertion of the first name still does not happen and the attachments also don’t make it onto the email but otherwise it works. The campaign module works but only with my email.

I would really be grateful for any insight anyone can offer on this issue as it is really impeding our productivity and I want to require my salespeople to do all emailing through the CRM so it is all captured in the records.

Thank you in advance for reading this.

John

I don’t know if this is the same but if I import and email to an account - the subject is correct but the body is an old email (sent to another customer) no matter which email I inspect - like it is cached somehow in the UI.

So after more research any one of the emails works fine to send as long as it is entered in ADMIN -> Email Settings.

If the emails are entered in ADMIN -> Outbound Email only the one in ADMIN -> Email Settings works.

So, unless I’m wrong, something is awry with the SuiteCRM application.

It’s really affecting the usability of the application. My sales team must use the Office365 web client and copy and paste email addresses all day long. The email templates are still not working right and not usable to them at all.

Please, please, I’d be very grateful for some guidance on this.

If it’s going to be fixed in a release, just let me know when. If there is a work around please share it.

John

Hi there,

Is this issue already solved? I am having the same problem. No dropdown in User account Outbound Email Account.

Definitely, not solved yet :unsure: :unsure: :dry: :frowning: