Want explanation of the Opportunity module

please the opportunity table does it contain a persons name or organisation name.
Because from your online demo i saw organisation name but in your online documentation it a name of a person.
Please am confused.

It contains a link to Account (organization).

Where in the Documentation did you see it using a person name? Maybe the Account is simply called with a person’s name…

Ohk Does it mean all accounts are opportunities.?

So when i create an account i have to create a corresponding opportunity.

No. These are two separate modules.

You can create a relationship (a link) from Opportunities to Accounts, that’s all.

An opportunity must have exactly one Account.

An Account can have zero, one or many Opportunities linked to it.

So Opportunities are organisations who have interest in your product right?

Not really!

Accounts are just companies.

Opportunities are potential businesses that arise with specific companies (Accounts).

Imagine that you enter a few accounts in your CRM.

Then you contact one of these companies and they say that they are interested in buying one of your products (Product X).

At this point you may want to create an opportunity for the possibility to sell Product X to that account.

If the company purchases your Product you will mark the Opportunity as won otherwise as lost.

In between there are various stages in the opportunity. For example:
. first contact,
. preparing a quote,
. quote has been sent
. evaluation by the customer
. etc…

Additionally you may prepare a quote (look at the quotes module) and send it to the Account.

And more things.

SuiteCRM is very handy for this.

In the future the same Account may be interested in purchasing again from you. Maybe the same product or another, You will then create new opportunities as they present themselves and associate them to same Account, In this way you will know the history of each of your accounts with all the associated details.

Ok thanx. Buh the contact subpanel on the opportunity page, it holds contacts the are not even related to the account (Organisation). Thus some of the contacts are from a different organisation. In your online demo.

And also the lead subpanel on the opportunity page, you can select leads from accounts (organisation) the is not related to the opportunity account(organisation).

You are right.
This is how it works:
When you are in DetailView mode of an opportunity and you want to add a contact, when you click on “SELECT” you will be shown a list of contacts to select from only from the same account.

However this would be a big limitation as in several occasions you may want to associate to an opportunity also other people who are not part of the client. For example a distributor, a partner or a consultant.
These other contacts can be selected from their DetailView.

If you want you may change this behaviour but you would have to code a customisation.

I am not sure of the underlying reason here. Probably it’s similar to the above.

Again: if this behaviour is inconsistent to your implementation you may code a customisation to make it behave as desired.

These customisations shouldn’t be too complicated. I believe that in the past someone in the forum discussed a way to oresent a customised list under the subpanels, so you may search for it and try to adapt it to your needs.

OHk thanx

Heloo can you please explain the lead statuses for me.

New.
Assigned.
In process.
converted.
Re_Cycled.
Dead.

And please the calls and meetings module are the same or?? I thought the calls would be for real telephone calls but it is sent through emails just like the meetings module. Any explanation??

Thanx in advance.

You can use it like you want to, basically. Set up your own process. If necessary, change these values in “Admin / Dropdown editor”.

But if you just want to learn about Sales processes with SuiteCRM you will find plenty of places explaining it for SugarCRM, and there haven’t been many changes in this regard.

For example

https://www.slideshare.net/atcoresystems/lead-management-in-sugarcrm-series-lead-statuses

Thanks for all your explanations.

Please this one not answered.

And please the calls and meetings module are the same or?? I thought the calls would be for real telephone calls but it is sent through emails just like the meetings module. Any explanation??

They are different modules, however similar in their purpose: schedule and keep track of interactions (calls or meetings) with third parties (customers or prospects).

If you are receiving emails it is because you have instructed the system to send them to you.

With these modules you may either schedule meetings/calls that will happen in the future or just keep track of meetings/calls that have already taken place.

In the future you will know the activities that will have taken place with each specific account / contact. If you add the notes in preparation and after the event has taken place, the next time you interact with this sunject you will find all the information handy.

Thanks kk, Hope am not worrying you too much…Reports and spots too am seeing similar things there.

Maybe similar. However different.

Some may use one, some the other, some both, some none!

Ohk thanx. The software is very powerful so why did you make it free for download. I know this is a controversial question though.

The Project Task.

The Timeline Subpanel
we have relationship type thus Start to Start
Finish to Start.

Also the milestone and the utilization fields, I want explanations please.

I am not from SalesAgility, the company behind SuiteCRM.

However, although they should answer this question, I can confidently say that they are doing it for a number of reasons among which:

. SuiteCRM is an Open Source fork of another open source project (SugarCRM)

. SalesAgility have developed a number of add-ons to SugarCRM over the years and, when SugarCRM community edition was essentially interrupted by new owners, SalesAgility faced a big question mark for their future. So they decided (a few years ago now) to fork SugarCRM and add to its source all their contributions as open source. From that moment they are maintaining, developing and enriching the whole product for free. So what is their benefit? a few other sources of revenue:

. some companies may decide to go cloud and buy the hosted SuiteCRM online without having the hassle to manage it and this is a paid service. (By the way, the better is the product and more clients with a budget will be willing to pay for it! So SalesAgility keep being interested in further developing and improving SuiteCRM!)

. some companies may purchase support or training services from SalesAgility

. some companies may want to purchase tailor made customisations

. additionnally SalesAgility, as a software house may intercept a number of other opportunities as a system integrator in other areas beyond the scope of SuiteCRM

. there may be also other sources of revenues such as events, annual gatherings, sponsorships, gadgets, etc…

Please note that this is my own personal opinion and it may differ from SalesAgility but I believe that, in some way, this is the reason of their commitment to maintining it completely open source. At least until they can!

As you can see it does make sense and I really wish them success for a long time to go!

Ohk THanx.

The Project Task.

The Timeline Subpanel
we have relationship type thus Start to Start
Finish to Start.

Also the milestone and the utilization fields, I want explanations please.

Sorry but I am not familir with the projects module: someone else will have to answer your question!

In the meantime you may have a look at SuiteCRM’s User Guide:
https://docs.suitecrm.com/user/core-modules/projects/