custom module field can not work in workflow condition in suitecrm Version 7.9.11

if you setup a custom field in any module and expect it as condition between two related module, such custom module field doesn’t work in workflow condition in suitrsion 7.9.11.

For example:

1. setup field “kk” in module lead
  2. make relationship between module Lead and module Opportunity as “Many to many” (Place one opporyunity record into lead subpanel)
  3. setup one lead workflow including condtion like opporyunity:opporyunity and select field “kk”, give field “kk” a value
  4. setup any lead action

make a test to such workflow to try whether such custom field condition be triggered. it confirms to be fail. If you replace default field in opporyunity:opporyunity, this workflow will run perfectly.

so custom module field can not work in workflow condition in suitecrm Version 7.9.11

Can you please try reproducing this in this online demo?

https://www.softaculous.com/demos/SuiteCRM

If it doesn’t work there, please open an Issue with this bug on GitHub:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues

I tested in online demo between module lead and Opportunity, it works, I am not sure whether it works or not between two custorm modules ? I have tried to set up custom modules in demo to test, but my custom module being setup alway disappear automatically after few mins later. I can not test it. anyway, thank for your suggestion.

The demo resets every hour or so. Maybe you were just unlucky and your work was deleted in the middle of what you were doing.

But you should be able to try it there.

Anyway, if you conclude it is buggy, or if you can’t conclude anything, please open the Issue on Github otherwise this will be forgotten. Thanks and good luck

No it works fine for custom field also i had tried it but problem is it only works for Users in my case . but i want it for my custom module. you have any idea I want relationships for my custom module as shown in user like Users:assigned:to etc