Documentation: user & dev guide OK, admin guide missing, link broken

There appears to be a few things to fix in the doc department.

First off, I am able to find reasonable user guides and the dev docs appear to be OK too (although my judgement may be flawed there, not a dev but generally on the level with documentation).

However:

1 - I came across a “Documentation” link (sorry, can’t find it now but it showed up when logging into the forum) that points to https://suitecrm-docs.netlify.com - which leads to a page that states “This site is temporarily disabled.”

2 - there is a gap between “install the code on a machine” and “end user” called “Admin”, in other words, detailed data about getting from a first install to a working product with information about configuration, options, caveats, use cases and examples - where does that exist? Maybe a published book I can buy?

I am looking at a deployment of a CRM to address a market deficit (read: non-trivial scale). However, before I can draw the investment for it I need to have a working instance, and given the framework we have to work with (FreeBSD, for reasons of security) that has been a bit of a slog so I hope I find some means to lighten the load a bit…

If you Google “SuiteCRM Documentation”, you will be taken to the correct Documentation site. It has grown significantly in the past year, but yes, there are still many things missing.

There is a new and better Documentation site coming up shortly, that link was to a demo I made a few weeks ago. It wasn’t meant to be public (though it’s not secret either), and it seems “The Internet” found out about it, so I took the site down :slight_smile:

If you’re going into a non-trivial scale deployment of SuiteCRM my advice would be to get some consulting early in the process. You can contact SalesAgility or ask here in the forums, other people are available.

I think the winning recipe is this: save a ton of money by using free software, and not having the weight of license fees. Then spend a small fraction of that money getting help from experts and making sure you start off on the right foot - good architecture, good data design, good customizations, etc.

1 Like