BUG. Editor unchangeble

Using SuiteCRM 7.9.7 i am unable to use the TinyMCE editor to compose an email. When editing user profile and selecting the TinyMCE or HTML editor nothing changes. No matter what is selected this is the editor that is shown when composing an email(view image)

I want to be able to add hyper-links to my emails when composing.
If anyone has a solution please let me know.

These SugarCRM instructions for adding TinyMCE buttons also work for SuiteCRM - I used them to add hyperlink buttons to all the “Compose” screens in SuiteCRM:

http://support.sugarcrm.com/Knowledge_Base/Developers/Customization/Modifying_the_TinyMCE_Editor/index.html

Hope this helps,

Ben

1 Like

I couldn’t get this to work

Hi,

I have the same issu ! did you find a solution ?

Thanks.

Using SuiteCRM 7.9.7 i am unable to use the TinyMCE editor to compose an email. When editing user profile and selecting the TinyMCE or HTML editor nothing changes. No matter what is selected this is the editor that is shown when composing an email(view image)

In suitecrm 7.10.4, I am also not able to change the editor in compose email. It is the same on SuiteCRM Demo Website too.

Is there any solution in offering, Friends?

RK

Has anybody checked if there’s an issue for this on GitHub?

Dear pgr,

I have just checked there too. I don’t think there is any issue was opened for this before.

BTW, what editor it is currently presenting to us in Email Compose?

I can confirm one more thing that when we look to edit the signature of any personal email account settings there is still the old TinyMCE editor is on offer.

With thanks,

RK

I just checked the Compose window with the browser’s Developer tools and it seems to be TinyMCE there too.

Dear pgr,

If it is TinyMCE in Email Compose, then it must be the newer version of TinyMCE

In signature edit/create box:

However, the default email compose view editor should be changeable. Shouldn’t be?

With thanks,

RK

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get this working? As in get the editor in the signature page to be used in the compose email page?

Regards,
PN

I tried changing email editor from profile section. When i switched from DirectHTML editor to TinyMCE editor the changes are not reflecting, the editor is not changing.
I am using Suitecrm 7.11 on Centos
I also tried clearing cache.

Please guide.
I want to add responsive email editor.

If anyone found solution, please reply.