Adjust Quote Edit view beyond Studio possibilities

Hi,

I would like to change the layout of the edit / detail view of the quotes module.

Instead of having the line items like:
Quantity | Product | PartNumber | List | Discount | SalePrice | TaxAmount | Total ||
Description | Note

I would like to have something like:
Quantity | Product | ProductCode | Description | UnitPrice

Also, I would like to have some kind of copy button to copy the line into the next in order to not having to fill out all the fields again but just to change the quantity and the unit price.

Any ideas how to get this done?

Thanks,
miri

How to apply such changes?

Hi miri,

You would have to modify and customise many aspects of the AOS module.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi,

I happened to adjust the edit view of the quotes module with modifying the code in the file line_items.js.

It still has to be improved to get rid of all the items we do not want to appear like the listed fields underneath the products/services lines:

Total: ¦ Discount: ¦Subtotal: ¦ Tax: ¦ Group Total:

Where is the information of those items stored?

And where can I change the appearence of the detail view?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
miri

Miri
I found it easier to just create a new Quote template myself rather than trying to modify the sample. It seems the sample has some hard coded layout properties that I couldn’t change easily.
Adding your own table and then adding the fields you want was quite simple and now i have an editable document template.
The copy issue is complicated i think.

Dear all,

I am now happy with the Edit view of the quotes module. I got rid of all the unwanted fields by modifying the file line_items.js.

Now, I would like to get rid of those fields in the Detail view as well. How to do this? I did not find the line items information for the detail view.

Hello,

In case somebody still wonders how to modify the Quote line items detail view, I managed to change which fields appear by editing modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/Line_Items.php

For the edit view, as Miri said, you can edit line_items.js

These changes though, are not upgrade safe. If somebody has a solution for this, please share.

Regards,
George