SuiteCRM 7.10.4 Maintenance Patch Now Available

SuiteCRM 7.10.4 is now available to download.

This is a minor release of SuiteCRM featuring a variety of bugfixes.

For a full list please View Release Notes for 7.10.4

Thank you to all community members who logged bugs and contributed to this release.

All input is welcome.

The SuiteCRM Team.

Great! Quick test shows however that one of the main issues isn’t fixed - Case Updates still give a blank update sometimes. This happens if the mail that’s being sent contains an attachment. Which is quite annoying, cause a lot of people mail us with attachments, like images (if only their signature with a logo in it).

I thought this to be related to #5627 but apparently it isn’t. In short: Mail with attachments are not being handled properly in the case update, which is problematic to say the least. And some people are mailing emoticons. Which is terrific. Except when they are using ;). Then the whole mail handling is broken as well.

Let me know if this should be fixed by 5627 but simply isn’t, if there is already an open bug on GitHub or if I need to report one.

1 Like

Hi Nave,

Do you know if this as a GitHub issue already? I can’t seem to find it. If not, would you be able to raise it? then we can investigate and get this fixed asap. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Dillon

I don’t know, that’s what I asked.I will raise an issue.

What about bug #5520. Why hasn’t this been committed? I know need to manually do this again after the update.

Hi Nave,

Each release has limited resources to test all PRs ‘ready’ to be merged. If you read the history on #5520 there is alot of going on there so more likely a complete regression test would be required.

I’m making a big assumption here but are you jbrveen? If so, thanks for aiding in the testing but in this case the issue hasn’t quite finished if you read the last comment.
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5537

We do try and loop through as many PRs as possible but we can’t get round to all. If there is a fix that you have tested thoroughly and feel should be merged for the next release then please identify so on the PRs and that would be more encouraging to pull in.

@Dillown-Brown: see bug #5689
@samus-aran: Thanks for your quick reply. Your assumption is correct btw :wink: I wasn’t aware that me agreeing with a fix would speed up the process. I will look into the commits on this particular bug and will come back with my input tonight or tomorrow. I’m first further testing 10.4.

Do I need to first upgrade to 7.10.1, 7.10.2, 7.10.3, then 7.10.4 or can i upgrade from 7.10 to 7.10.4 directly and all other bug fixes will be included?

Sorry for such a lame question.

Download the correct upgrade package and do it all in one run. (choose your download on the left side I assume that you are on 7.10):

https://suitecrm.com/upgrade-suitecrm/

If you are on older versions you may do one or more “hops”

IMPORTANT:
Before you upgrade you should back-up both all the filesa and the complete database. This is is very important to go back to your initial situation in case something goes wrong or some important functionality for you is not correctly working on the new version.

1 Like

Hi there

Is there a known release date for the next maintenance patch?

Best T.

Hi torbenwolf!

We currently plan for minor releases every 2 weeks (give of take a few days).

Hope that helps.