Starting Quote Number

Hello,

I am trying to assign a starting quote number, which I thought I knew how to do. I put my starting number in the AOS admin page and it is not picking it up. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi what you need to do is use a workflow to set the number initially to a number. Then create a quote and the workflow should set the quote to the number you want to start at.

Then disable the workflow so that it doesnt keep creating quotes with the same number and that the quote will then rise normally from your specific base number.

• create workflow and set to number
  • create quote
    -disable workflow
  • create quote
2 Likes

Hello,

While that method did give me a quote with that number the quotes did not go up from that number and I think I know why. It appears that the system takes the total number of quotes (the count) and adds one. I am not sure if this is universal but I solved the issue by changing the following line:

$this->number = (empty($this->id)) ? $this->db->getOne(“SELECT count(id)+1 FROM aos_quotes”): $this->number;

I placed a hard coded number in and the system now adds one to the count and this number. ex:

$this->number = (empty($this->id)) ? 35 + $this->db->getOne(“SELECT count(id)+1 FROM aos_quotes”): $this->number;

I hope this helps someone else.

Matt

This worked plus now it looks like when we generate a new quote the increments are working from this new base # not back to the original numbers.

what file is this located in?