Workflow ability, specific newb question

Can readers please advise me if suitecrm will do this out of the box (as in, can I do this without customized programming)?

I’d like to automtaically generate a series (100+) sequential tasks, with branches, for a specific client. Tasks and followups would be assigned to a specific suitecrm user.

Basically, we do the same 100 tasks, with a bunch of followup, for each client. So I’d add a client to the crm, then I’d like to trigger setting up these sequential tasks, en mass:
task 1: Go to this website and do something client-specific. -> when task marked completed, done.
task 2: go to a different website and do something client specific. When task completed, create a followup task 4 days in the future where we then do something else (i.e. confirm that the action in task 2 was completed by the website).
task 3: go to a third website, and do something client specific. When this task is completed, create a followup task tomorrow to do something else.
etc…100 times.

We’re doing this in a spreadsheet right now, and we could create a seperate app for this. But I’m moving to suitecrm in the next few weeks, and ideally would like to keep this fucntionality within the confines of our crm.
Thanks for you thoughts on the matter.

Hi,
you could add those tasks probably by using the workflow module. But it will take some time to add each task and its dependencies/conditions.

But have you thought about using the project templates? As far as I’ve understood your issue this feature seems more appropriate.

Project templates allow you to pre-define a set of tasks (and their order). These templates can be used to create projects of the same structure for multiple clients.

1 Like

I’ve looked into workflows, seems like that’ll help. Based on your comment I had a quick look at project templates as well, and I agree - they seem perfect.

thank you for the response - it’s exactly what I needed. Sometimes new software like this is overwhelming - I don’t even know where to start, and I’m at ‘does it even do this?’. Clearly, it does, now I can go play with that feature.
Thanks again.