workflow NOW not working

i have a NOW statement in a workflow that for the life of me cannot figure out how to make it work .

current trigger

account > last send date > date > NOW > -5 hours

so reading on the NOW statement it should trigger 5 hours before the date/time on the date/time field selected . but it doesnt

date/time field set in example to 7/08/2019 10:00 am so it should trigger at 5 am . verified that the date/time is set to this time
i can get this to work by changing the NOW statement to just DATE/TODAY and then it fires when ever it feels like .

any pointers .

want a trigger to fire at a specific time for client workflow email .

example . want a trigger to fire at 5am on the date X.X.X

ideally want this to only send out on monday - friday .

also sencod questioin i cannot figure out much on the BUSINESS statement . i get what that means but where do i set those hours/days . cannot locate the project tab that function talks about

Hi,
if i understand your question correctly, your referring to calculated fields which are used in a workflows action but not within a trigger.

within an action, you could calculate the current time minus 5 hours by
{subtractHours(Ymd H:i:s; {now(Ymd H:i:s)}; 5)}

using such an expression as trigger is - as far as i know - not possible using workflows. but you could do it as a logic hook for sure.

update:
you could add as trigger:
-> operator greater/smaller than -> date -> dropdown “now” “minus” “5” “hours”

set “run when” to “In_Scheduler” and verify, that the corresponding scheduler job is being executed regularly.