Failed to Create Portal User

Greetings,

I’ve followed the instructions here:

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/841-joomla-portal-how-to-use-it-install-configuration?start=15

But i’m not able to create a portal user. It took me a moment to read that portal users are not created with SCRM accounts but rather from contacts but…anyhow.

When I go to my portal, I can still see the standard Joomla install - should I expect it to look totally different?

Also, is there any way of having Joomla users create contacts within Suite CRM? This would be pretty cool (although i’m not a developer and rather a start-up) as I could use Chronoforms contact forms that already have the ability to create Joomla users and the process could be automated to create a Suite CRM portal account for them!

Thanks, dreaming - hope i’m not about to get my bubble burst!

indieben.

You can use Web-to-person forms to create Contacts from external websites.

Try following this https://docs.suitecrm.com/user/advanced-modules/cases-with-portal/

If that doesn’t work please tell me exactly at which step you got stuck, and what you see (errors / screenshots / etc)

Thanks ever so much for your reply!

I’ve looked at this guide and i’ve actually done all of the starting stuff that should actually be getting me to a position where I can actually create a portal user. The error is occurring from the SCRM contact I have set up - failed to create portal user.

I don’t know if this extract from the log is any use:

Sat Mar 16 19:04:11 2019 [3][1][FATAL] [ERROR] Failed to index bean to index
Sat Mar 16 19:04:11 2019 [3][1][FATAL] [ERROR] exception ‘SuiteCRM\Search\Exceptions\SearchException’ with message ‘Elasticsearch trying to re-indexing a bean but indexer is disabled in configuration.’ in /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchHooks.php:121
Stack trace:
#0 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchHooks.php(103): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchHooks->reIndex(Object(SchedulersJob))
#1 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchHooks.php(76): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchHooks->reIndexSafe(Object(SchedulersJob))
#2 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/utils/LogicHook.php(272): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchHooks->beanSaved(Object(SchedulersJob), ‘after_save’, ‘’)
#3 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/utils/LogicHook.php(213): LogicHook->process_hooks(Array, ‘after_save’, ‘’)
#4 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/data/SugarBean.php(3129): LogicHook->call_custom_logic(‘SchedulersJobs’, ‘after_save’, ‘’)
#5 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/data/SugarBean.php(2442): SugarBean->call_custom_logic(‘after_save’, ‘’)
#6 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/modules/SchedulersJobs/SchedulersJob.php(320): SugarBean->save()
#7 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/modules/SchedulersJobs/SchedulersJob.php(546): SchedulersJob->resolveJob(‘success’)
#8 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/SugarQueue/SugarCronJobs.php(191): SchedulersJob->runJob()
#9 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/SugarQueue/SugarCronJobs.php(231): SugarCronJobs->executeJob(Object(SchedulersJob))
#10 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/cron.php(98): SugarCronJobs->runCycle()
#11 {main}

Thanks.

What is your SuiteCRM version, please?

What steps are you trying in order to “create portal user”? I am not sure we are talking about the same thing…

I downloaded the latest Suite CRM yesterday - I had set everything up as per the instructions that you provided in your first reponse post. I am attempting to create a portal user from contacts (there is a drop down with “create portal user” within the contacts dialogue once a contact is selected) within Suite CRM as per the instructions.

Thanks,

indieben.

Hi, any further help with this please?

I’ll have to raise a new question on the same topic otherwise.

Thanks.

I tried this on my server, which does NOT have Joomla Portal configured, and I got the same behaviour. So I suspect this is a configuration problem.

But I wanted to make sure so I asked someone I know who is running a Portal, to test it there on SuiteCRM 7.11.2. I haven’t heard back from him yet…

Thanks for this - so, just to confirm, you can’t get it working either currently? Look forward to hearing from you when you get a response and half a moment!

Kind Regards,

indieben.

Hi pgr,

Any updates please? It’s been a few weeks now.

Thanks ever so much.

indieben.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t get my colleague to help, he’s too swamped in other work.

Let me try to advance our trouble shooting a bit. That log message you showed, maybe it’s not from the moment when you attempt the user creation.

Please make sure you are checking both your logs, not just one, and pay attention to the time stamps and tell me if there’s anything there at the moment when you try to create the portal user. Thanks

1 Like

Hello, we’ve managed to sort this now. It turned out to be a server config issue affecting cron jobs. If anybody has this problem, make sure that you check your cron configuration! Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like