Menu
SuiteCRM Pull Request Party hosted by SalesAgility
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Support for Advanced Open Workflow, Sales, Portal for SugarCRM Community Edition

TOPIC: Failed to Create Portal User

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 1 week ago #79077

• indieben2
Greetings,

I've followed the instructions here:

suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation...nfiguration?start=15

But i'm not able to create a portal user. It took me a moment to read that portal users are not created with SCRM accounts but rather from contacts but...anyhow.

When I go to my portal, I can still see the standard Joomla install - should I expect it to look totally different?

Also, is there any way of having Joomla users create contacts within Suite CRM? This would be pretty cool (although i'm not a developer and rather a start-up) as I could use Chronoforms contact forms that already have the ability to create Joomla users and the process could be automated to create a Suite CRM portal account for them!

Thanks, dreaming - hope i'm not about to get my bubble burst!

indieben.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 6 days ago #79115

• pgr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1474
You can use Web-to-person forms to create Contacts from external websites.

Try following this docs.suitecrm.com/user/advanced-modules/cases-with-portal/

If that doesn't work please tell me exactly at which step you got stuck, and what you see (errors / screenshots / etc)

My SuiteCRM In-depth blog.
Thank you for always stating your SuiteCRM version, checking your logs, reading the Docs, and searching before you ask!

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 5 days ago #79123

• indieben2
Thanks ever so much for your reply!

I've looked at this guide and i've actually done all of the starting stuff that should actually be getting me to a position where I can actually create a portal user. The error is occurring from the SCRM contact I have set up - failed to create portal user.

I don't know if this extract from the log is any use:

Sat Mar 16 19:04:11 2019 [3][1][FATAL] [ERROR] Failed to index bean to index
Sat Mar 16 19:04:11 2019 [3][1][FATAL] [ERROR] exception 'SuiteCRM\Search\Exceptions\SearchException' with message 'Elasticsearch trying to re-indexing a bean but indexer is disabled in configuration.' in /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchHooks.php:121
Stack trace:
#0 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchHooks.php(103): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchHooks->reIndex(Object(SchedulersJob))
#1 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/lib/Search/ElasticSearch/ElasticSearchHooks.php(76): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchHooks->reIndexSafe(Object(SchedulersJob))
#2 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/utils/LogicHook.php(272): SuiteCRM\Search\ElasticSearch\ElasticSearchHooks->beanSaved(Object(SchedulersJob), 'after_save', '')
#3 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/utils/LogicHook.php(213): LogicHook->process_hooks(Array, 'after_save', '')
#4 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/data/SugarBean.php(3129): LogicHook->call_custom_logic('SchedulersJobs', 'after_save', '')
#5 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/data/SugarBean.php(2442): SugarBean->call_custom_logic('after_save', '')
#6 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/modules/SchedulersJobs/SchedulersJob.php(320): SugarBean->save()
#7 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/modules/SchedulersJobs/SchedulersJob.php(546): SchedulersJob->resolveJob('success')
#8 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/SugarQueue/SugarCronJobs.php(191): SchedulersJob->runJob()
#9 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/include/SugarQueue/SugarCronJobs.php(231): SugarCronJobs->executeJob(Object(SchedulersJob))
#10 /home/samspenc/public_html/clientmgmt/cron.php(98): SugarCronJobs->runCycle()
#11 {main}

Thanks.

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 5 days ago #79124

• pgr
  • Administrator
What is your SuiteCRM version, please?

What steps are you trying in order to "create portal user"? I am not sure we are talking about the same thing...

Thank you for always stating your SuiteCRM version, checking your logs, reading the Docs, and searching before you ask!

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 5 days ago #79126

• indieben2
I downloaded the latest Suite CRM yesterday - I had set everything up as per the instructions that you provided in your first reponse post. I am attempting to create a portal user from contacts (there is a drop down with "create portal user" within the contacts dialogue once a contact is selected) within Suite CRM as per the instructions.

Thanks,

indieben.

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 1 day ago #79280

• indieben2
Hi, any further help with this please?

I'll have to raise a new question on the same topic otherwise.

Thanks.

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 1 day ago #79290

• pgr
  • Administrator
I tried this on my server, which does NOT have Joomla Portal configured, and I got the same behaviour. So I suspect this is a configuration problem.

But I wanted to make sure so I asked someone I know who is running a Portal, to test it there on SuiteCRM 7.11.2. I haven't heard back from him yet...

Failed to Create Portal User 2 months 16 hours ago #79331

• indieben2
Thanks for this - so, just to confirm, you can't get it working either currently? Look forward to hearing from you when you get a response and half a moment!

Kind Regards,

indieben.

Failed to Create Portal User 1 month 2 weeks ago #80051

• indieben2
Hi pgr,

Any updates please? It's been a few weeks now.

Thanks ever so much.

indieben.

Failed to Create Portal User 1 month 1 week ago #80111

• pgr
  • Administrator
I'm sorry, I couldn't get my colleague to help, he's too swamped in other work.

Let me try to advance our trouble shooting a bit. That log message you showed, maybe it's not from the moment when you attempt the user creation.

Please make sure you are checking both your logs, not just one, and pay attention to the time stamps and tell me if there's anything there at the moment when you try to create the portal user. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds