SalesAgility have been the drivers and innovators of SuiteCRM which has made it one of the most downloaded open source CRM applications in the world. Within this period, the SuiteCRM product team brought us “Campaigns” email module. In today’s world a dynamic email marketing suite has become an important part of any CRM and marketing function.
In this blog, I will give you the run down on the new features you can expect to see in the next release – SuiteCRM Version 7.9. This release is weighted towards vast improvements to the “Campaigns” and updating the “Emails” module. As well as addressing bugs from prior releases there is an extensive list of tweaks and improved functionality.
Here are just some of highlights of what you can expect to see in this release.
New and Responsive Email Client
1. New design for SuiteP - see our screenshots
2. Use the new Filters to search for Imported and non Imported Emails
3. Compose directly via Email's list view with responsive pop-up window
4. Improved HTML support
5. Attach multiple files to Emails via browse button
6. Extendible by Developers - a new compose view, support upgrade safe customisations, new message box plugin for creating modal dialogues in SuiteCRM and more
7. Related records to emails
8. Navigation between folders from email client
9. The Email List View displays the emails from the IMAP server without importing
10. Improved performance of importing Emails
11. Maintaining standard functionality – related records to emails, individually importing emails, and more
Email Template Enhancements
1. Ability to choose between three available Editors - Raw HTML, Tiny MCE and Mozaik
2. Ability to set the width and colour of the Content container - only available on Mozaik editor
1. Improve Reminders in performance
2. Improve View Summary design - including the ability to filter
3. Community enhancements
4. Deprecation of Suite7 and SuiteR - don't worry, we have announced LTS for 7.8.x
In amongst all these bug fixes and improvements it also brings the deprecation Suite7 and SuiteR themes. The removal of these themes was necessary in order to improve our release cycle and implement the LTS for SuiteCRM 7.8 and beyond.
However if you cannot wait that long you now have the chance to road test the SuiteCRM 7.9 BETA version (see release notes for what’s included). As with any Beta release there are some elements which are still being developed and worked on before general availability - Email Template enhancements, Group Email, Saving Drafts, Filtering Emails (only works on non imported emails) Selecting and Importing Emails Individually, Moving Folders, Reply To, email Templates, Removing/Deleting Emails