Can't login anymore after a few hours

Installation went as it should.
I can log in / out as many times I want.
But after e few hours it over.
Not one username can login.
Sometimes I got the error: session is over.
But there was no session at all.

What can I do to repair thies?

PHP/Apache on your server has a default session timeout. If you are logged into any/most PHP applications, a session is created which has a particular timeout.

You should look at increasing the session timeout in your php.ini file on your server.

Thanks,

Will.

Thanks for your quick response

Iā€™ve added: ā€œsession.gc_maxlifetime = 1440ā€ to the php.ini and ā€¦ it worked ā€¦ but only for a short time.

Iā€™ve got still the same problem. I canā€™t log in

I type the username and password and nothing happens. Not even a error

That is only 24 minutes session timeout. How long do you want the session to exist for?

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the issue.

If I log out or the software closes a session (the session has expired) I should be able to login again.

that happened to me once when I ran out of space in the server where SuiteCRM is located, check that.

best regards

I had the same problem of running out of space that mikebeck described above.

But since this is a freshly installed system, it is unlikely that you ran out of space, so you might also look out for file permissions issues on your server - php needs to be able to write to its session.save_path.

See
http://biostall.com/resolve-sugarcrm-you-have-been-logged-out-because-your-session-has-expired/

1 Like

Good news: problem solved.
The link given by PGR set me on the right track.

Adaptions to the php.ini file wasnā€™t a success. Probably I didnā€™t know the correct path and was trying on error

Finally I made a writable tmp directory .
I added this path to the config.php of SuiteCRM. (ā€˜session_dirā€™ => ā€˜tmp/ā€™,)

It seems fine now.

Thank you, Manuel

Hello friend,

Could you explain in more detail how you solve this problem?

I have the same problem and want to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

@DanielMons: What part donā€™t you understand?

First: make a writetable directory in the rooth for instance: tmp
(Chmod 777)
Adjust config.php using this directory: ā€˜session_dirā€™ => 'tmp/