Searching in fields

To whom has experience. First of all I have installed this incredible solution 2 weeks ago. A couple of days ago I managed to leave the scheduleres, crontab, working. My doubt is how it must configured when you perform a search, for example, quoting a product to a customer or even searching for a account, in the field description, the search or indexed characters is restricted to the first word and it doesn’t search in the complete description. Following is an example with a product. The description of the following product (UPS145) is SRC2000XLI UPS APC SMART RC 2000VA. If I search APC o SMART it wont show results. Only will show results for SRC2000XLI that is the first word. If I search XLI it wont show any results. Any ideas how to solve this? Best regards and happy holidays!

Try using the wild card % at the end, beggining or both

config.php
‘search_wildcard_char’ => ‘%’,

Best Regards

1 Like

Work perfectly! thanks.

Thanks Mike for posting this.

Your solution works however I don’t understand why the search box doesn’t work without the wildcard? I don’t want to explain to everyone using our CRM system to add the wildcard to their search query.

You can set this in the config.php

'search_wildcard_infront' => true,

but let me tell you that I had problems before activating this, e.x. you have a field that has numbers divided by a -

record a: 1000-1504
record b: 1000-1600
record c: 1600-1405
record d: 1600-1700

if you search like this “1600-%” by default de system will retrieve only record c and d, but with the wildcard in front true by default will retrieve record b as well. I haven’t investigate if there’s a workaround this but just wanted to let you know.

best regards

1 Like

just to clarify, my last post, you should add that line in config_override.php not in config.php

best regards

2 Likes

Perfect. Thanks!