Time Sheet Module

Hello Guys

Anyone know of a good Timesheet module?

Cheers

SuperTimesheet is good. Weā€™ve been using it for years and it does the job. You can book time to Projects, Project Tasks, or Cases either by going to these objects directly or via the FillMatrix (which is daily or weekly).
Regards
Andrew

1 Like

Okay brilliant Thanks

We are just about to test this on our demo system

Cheers

Hello,

I downloaded the free version of SuperTimeSheet from here: http://www.sugarforge.org/frs/?group_id=500
and after installing I noticed that by default there is no relationship between timesheets and any other module.

For example I cannot log time for a case or anything else. Should I create manually the relationships or it shouldnā€™t be that way?

Thanks in advance for any help,
George

Hello,

Iā€™ve been testing the free SuperTimeSheets for a couple of days now, I have also found the module has no direct relationships to any other module

But if you create a Project and create Project tasks (assign the task to the employee you need) when logged in as the assigned user go to the timesheet module and ā€œFill in matrixā€ you will now see the matrix shows the project & project tasks allowing you to log the times through the week

I have done the same as you by manually adding a one to many relationship from cases (one case has many timesheets)

This allows you to create individual timesheets for each day - I have found that the matrix wont connect to a case only project tasks

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply TaufiqueAhmed

I just now saw what exactly are the restrictions here: https://www.sugaroutfitters.com/docs/supertimesheet/go-premium
Almost all the features are only for the premium version.

With the free version now, even after creating a one to many relationship between cases and timesheets, I cannot change the editview layout for the timesheet module. I wanted to log time only for cases but I cannot find a way to remove the ā€˜relate to project taskā€™ field.

Anyway, if anybody has any other ideaā€¦

Regards,
George

Hi Guys - first time poster - have just discovered SuiteCRM after following the sad trail of SugarCRM Corporate and CE etc ā€¦ enough said there but well done Greg and the Team, weā€™ll bring our knowledge and install of CE 6.5 into the fold, I hope this initiative is gathering speed.

Anyhow - timesheets ā€¦ what we did last year was develop a plugin to Google Calendar that allowed us to select a CRM Account and then a related CRM Case before hitting ā€˜Saveā€™ to post the time entry back to the SugarCRM Meetings table (which holds the time).

Reason for taking this approach was that our users are familiar with Google Apps and it seemed to make sense to manage time from there rather than yet another calendar.

Iā€™ll attach a screen shot ā€¦

This might be an approach others want to try if they are Google users - of course the mobility baked in around Google platform also provides this view out onto mobile etc.

PS - it was never built for resale or distribution and only served our requirements so I have no documentation but thereā€™s not a lot of code and think we built it in 3 days or so, I could zip the code if anyone wants to head down that track but there would be some hands-on required.

Something to think about ā€¦

Phil

1 Like

Hi Phil,

That looks like a great approach for google users.

I would be interested if you could post or PM me the code.

Steven

Hi Phil,

That looks interesting. If you are happy for others to use your code, perhaps you could put it up on github and post the url back here.

Cheers

Bruce

ok will pull the code into an accessible format next week - the next 7 days are crazy last week of NZ financial year (and I work in finance industry!) so after that will have a bit more time

Hi People :slight_smile:

Can somebody attach the zip file of free timesheet module.

On sugarforge and sugaroutfitters isnā€™t more available :frowning:

I am looking for this module

I found it on http://crm.place but need to be register, but if i want download it (the registration proces isnā€™t working there yet)

Thanks

Miky