Cases Update Text Thread

For us a big difference in the Cases module between Sugar and Suite is the Cases Update Text Thread. This is a really nice feature we use often and now looking to add the same ability in a custom module.

Is there a way to carry that functionality into a custom module?

Hi lle,

If you navigate to the cases module you will see how this was done. This code can be replicated to other modules, but will require modifications.

Thanks,

Will.

Would the modifications be covered under a paid maintenance contract or would this be considered custom work? Would modifications be a matter of changing some code within PHP files or writing custom code?

Will I noticed in other threads you mentioned the update text threads aren’t stored in the database. Would the update text thread information transfer if we had to restore the system from disaster recovery? Meaning if we had a db backup and directory backup would the update text info be recoverable?

Hi lle,

Case updates are recorded in the aop_case_updates table.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi lle,

As regards your query about modifications. We do offer monthly support contracts that may accommodate this, depending on how much customisation is required, but also give you the safety of full SuiteCRM support each month. Please use the contact form to detail your specific requirements.

Thanks,

Will.

Will,

What is the typical turn around time to be contacted? I submitted the form last week and have had no correspondence.

Hi lle,

Can you re-submit your details? Please make sure to fill out all contact details. What is your email so that we can check your previously submitted request.

Thanks,

Will.

I just resubmitted. Email is lle@galaxysys.com

Hi Lukas,

We have your submission and this will be dealt with by the commercial team.

Thanks,

Will.